Tuesday, November 17, 2009

the tree is officially up

last night included:

Freeland finishing his test

us celebrating (the one day he gets a break from studying)

walking the dogs

warm apple cider (that I accidently let boil over and destroy the kitchen)

chinese food

sparkling grape juice in a wine glass

christmas movies (thanks abc family)


lugging the box from the attic

maddie eating all the cookies I made

setting up the tree

testing out the lights

the cats playing under the tree

and finishing it off with watching Elf in bed

(and Freeland accidently telling me my Christmas gift!)


PS - I realized a few things. First, every year we have put the tree up early so I suppose now its tradition! (yes!) Second, every year we also at least WAIT until Thanksgiving to decorate it (does that help those of you that disagree with the tree going up?? its up but not decorated) and Third, every year we have ordered Chinese food while we put the tree up.

All traditions that we never planned on. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I'm so jealous! I have wanted to put up my tree for weeks now, but no one around us is selling them yet. I did put on classical Christmas tunes in my classroom today though ;)

    So, I'm not entirely sure how I found your blog, but I have been following along and wanted to say hi! Turns out one of my friends from high school mentioned that her husband went to grad school with your husband (eight degrees of separation!) when she saw I was following. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself!

    ReplyDelete