Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving was obviously wonderful.

We woke up and in true form to Thanksgiving we started preparing the turkey early that morning & then watched the parade while we lounged around & ate breakfast.

(freeland & david also moved my office downstairs but that had nothing to do with Thanksgiving)

after a wonderful morning & the turkey miraculously being done on time - we headed over to begin the Thanksgiving Feast.

As I mentioned before, there were quite a few of us that ended up staying in Erie over the holidays so we all enjoyed thanksgiving together!

Adam & Camille were nice enough to let us all crash their house. Camille set everything up and it looked wonderful.

Here is the turkey (for my family who was curious to see how it turned out)

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Not the best pictures. But you get the idea. I was pleased with how it turned out. Definitely wasnt dry. I think we will be using this same recipe for years to come now.

Here are some pictures from the actual feast:

Thanksgiving 2009
all the food waiting to be uncovered and gobbled down

Thanksgiving 2009
The dining area

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving 2009
The spread

Thanksgiving 2009
Freeland making the first slice into the big ol bird

Thanksgiving 2009
oh my gosh why didnt I get more leftovers?? It was all SOO good

Thanksgiving 2009
everyone enjoying eachother & being thankful

Thanksgiving 2009
some of the yummy desserts!

Thanksgiving 2009
more friends

After lunch we all sat around & talked. The boys attempted to play football. We watched a little bit of Elf & then we headed over to Sarah & Drew's for dessert!

(same place we did Thanksgiving last year)

Drew's family was in town and his mom happens to be an award winning pie baker. No joke! She offered to make a variety of pies for us all to enjoy. Seriously, I dont even normally like the type of pies she made but hers were AMAZING. It was so nice of them to have us over & for her to bake us so many different pies.

(if only I took pictures!)

Even though we couldnt be with our family this year, I was thankful we have such wonderful friends here that we could be with. Makes all the difference in the world!

PS - phew! Happy Last day of NaBloPoMo!

4 comments:

  1. 2 things- Number one, Way to go! you blogged everyday!! and number 2-- more belly pix!!!..please??!! I feel like I got a sneak peak with you and the turkey.. I got so excited and said "yay look at her belly!!!!" (Z came right away to look and didn't think much of it) I just get so excited to see little applejack!!! love ya'll and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food looks awesome, especially that one pie in the foreground.

    camille's house is adorable, jealous part of one.

    you're taking such great pictures! they look awesome brooke, you'll get tons of practice with applejack! maybe i'll get that good someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comment robin! Cam's house is adorable! Lots of character.

    Vanessa - I will post some pictures because thats definitely NOT my belly up there! :) The cover thingy im wearing was hanging out so thankfully Im not that large yet! (yet being the key word!) Hopefully I can get some up tomorrow! Miss you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete