Sunday, November 15, 2009

oliver's first step in the water

here are the pictures (from my phone) of the dogs enjoying the fall weather yesterday during a study break:

the dogs at the peninsula (taken with my phone)

it wasn't until Maddie was a little over 2 that she started to love the water.

unfortunately Oliver has taken a bit longer

normally this is what Oliver does:

the dogs at the peninsula (taken with my phone)

the dogs at the peninsula (taken with my phone)

He stands back and watches Maddie run, swim, & play and just bounces up and down. He stills has a blast - but just not in the water.

We can prompt, plead, & beg just to get him to put his paws in but thats about it. And if there are waves - forget it. He's never stepping foot in the water.

Until yesterday without us saying anything:

the dogs at the peninsula (taken with my phone)

the dogs at the peninsula (taken with my phone)

the dogs at the peninsula (taken with my phone)

the dogs at the peninsula (taken with my phone)

the dogs at the peninsula (taken with my phone)

the dogs at the peninsula (taken with my phone)

the dogs at the peninsula (taken with my phone)

the dogs at the peninsula (taken with my phone)

Im so proud of him. He still wouldnt go far but he enjoyed it so we were thrilled. And it was HILARIOUS watching maddie try to eat the waves and swim to catch the rocks. I honestly dont think Ive seen her have so much fun in such a long time. (as you can see from the pictures) Im thankful that we live so much closer to the peninsula now. Even though they cant enjoy the water much longer before its too cold - its still fun while it lasts.

And thank the sweet Lord I finally got our computer fixed so I can finally see all my pictures again.

Now back to watching ABC Family's countdown to the 25 days of Christmas.

(tomorrow after Freeland's test we are putting the tree up - he requested I wait this weekend since he couldnt help! cant wait)

4 comments:

  1. It looks like they had quite the time! Enjoy decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water would be SO good for those "Dog Joints"! OHHHH, Brooke----it's still not Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are from your PHONE!?!? either you live in the most gorgeous place ever that makes all pictures look good or your phone has an amazing camera on it, which if it's like my phone (iPhone) then that can't be the case. LOVE your puppies!!!

    ps - i LOVE that you're putting up the tree, if my hubs would let me, i would be too.

    ReplyDelete