Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Zach & Vanessa's Pictures

(aka my first pretend photoshoot)

Okay first and foremost I was reminded of a lesson I learned today.

The lesson I learned and would now like to share with you so that you can learn it too is: When you are out of town for 7 days straight (also known as a week) change your voice mail to say "I am not available BUT I CAN BE REACHED at this phone number" and this especially applies when your home phone is your office phone .. meaning its the only number available besides your cell phone that you can be reached at.

AND if for some reason you dont change your voice mail (like me) then have your husband check the caller id for you or oh my goodness at least call in and check your messages daily.

A lot can happen in a week. mmmk?

There, lesson learned. It was nothing big. Just missed a phone call that I shouldnt have! Hopefully you all feel more educated now and wont make the same mistake I did. :)

Okay so back to Z & V's pictures. Remember like 5 months ago when they came to visit? And I somehow talked them & my husband into letting me practice taking pictures of them just for fun! Well I finally went through the pictures yesterday and thought I would share some of them.

It was fun pretending that I had any clue what I was doing. Trust me, I dont.

Zach & Vanessa

Zach & Vanessa

Zach & Vanessa

Zach & Vanessa

Zach & Vanessa

Zach & Vanessa

Zach & Vanessa

Zach & Vanessa

Zach & Vanessa

Zach & Vanessa

and my personal favorite:

Zach & Vanessa

There are like a gazillion more if you want to see them click here
*note: you can select to view the slideshow faster if you want

I had a blast. I think we ran to as many places as possible around Erie that we could in 1.5 hours before we had to leave for the airport. It was crazy but fun. And I was so thankful Freeland was there. (little known secret - he is the better person to take pictures) Although, Im pretty sure it helps that they are one beautiful couple & they laugh a lot! :) Thanks for letting me practice on yall - going through these made me miss yall even more!

9 comments:

  1. Yes that'd be my favorite too...and I'm guessing they had NO IDEA you were taking that picture!

    You do a great job Brooke! You're for sure a real photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, these are great! You picked fabulous spots and you captured so much of their personality in these photos. Great job!!

    Ps...I found your blog through Abby Lea's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke! These are awesome! You sure look like you know what you're doing! What photo editing software do you use? Did you take a class in it? Or just start practicing? Very good pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good Brooke. You are becoming quite the photographer. I am impressed! You can practice on us anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so great!!! you're great B!!! we'd hire you in a heartbeat!!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome! You definitely have some talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! My name is Nicole. I stumbled upon your blog about a year ago I guess and loved your pictures! I just wanted to say congrats on the baby! I have two under two at my house right now, they are such a blessing!
    Love the blog! I am aspiring to "up" my blog a bit and any advice would be great!

    Thanks,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all your sweet comments!

    Stacey.. I use photoshop. Freeland's dad is a photographer and gave it to us a few years ago. (huge blessing) So far I have just taught myself and tried to read a book about it. The book was confusing so I just play around with it as I can. A class would probably be a great idea because I would learn a ton more! :) Hope your photography classes are going well!! I cant wait to read more about them!

    ReplyDelete