Wednesday, October 21, 2009

the waiting game

Well, the doctor won. The sonogram wont be done this week.

Instead we are waiting until November 3rd. Which I guess isn't too long. Its been fun seeing what everyone is guessing on the little survey thing. Right now more people think its a girl. (56%) I guess we'll have to see. I will leave the survey up until we find out.

Oh and for those curious - we go back and forth. After we find out I will tell you what we tend to think it is though.

Our appointment went well yesterday. We got to hear the heart beat again. And everything looked fine.

He did confirm that the pain Ive been having the last 2 weeks (in my tush) is in fact my sciatic nerve. Yippee! Thankfully Freeland worked on it for me last weekend and it isn't hurting as bad anymore. (thank you Student Doctor Ackley)

Oh and biggest news - I think (think being the key word) I felt the baby yesterday. I know I felt something! So if it wasn't the baby - I'm not sure what it was. It felt like a bubble. I was able to push around and feel it 4 times. But I was too afraid to move to go get Freeland (not that he would have felt anything this early - and I was also in the shower sooo that kept me from running to get him too) I just wanted to sit there and see if it would happen again.. and I thought if I moved it would stop. It was a sweet moment & I just sat there in amazement because I never expected to feel anything for a while.

It was pretty exciting. But I haven't felt anything since so who knows? Keep ya posted.

Okay I promise to finally post pictures from us telling our families next.

12 comments:

  1. Awh man, I'm getting impatient!! I think it's a boy, but I could be totally wrong!
    I am so, so excited that you felt AJ move!! When I first felt Claire move, I'd just drank a coke. So apparently she loved the caffeine. I had to drink another Coke for her big ultrasound because she was so comfy in there she wouldn't move or uncross her legs!
    I hope your sciatic nerve pain goes away SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Appointments and hearing the heartbeat and finally feeling those little kicks are so fun! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know everything was ok! We have our next appt on the 3rd too, only we'll be 12 weeks then. Can't wait to find out what little applejack is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S....I think we need a cute belly picture soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wh-whaaat, what! Don't worry, friend... these 2 weeks will fly byyyyyy especially if you take lots of naps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your post about how you found out! (This is Katie Pickering Fulmer by the way - I've been following your blog after your mom told me about it when I worked at DHAT! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woops I meant I can't wait to see your post about how your PARENTS found out. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes that's the baby! You will start feeling him I mean it more often in about another month. That's been the case for me anyway :) It all seems real, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading your posts about baby! So fun! And I had sciatic problems too and know the horrible horrible pain it can be! Hope it goes away soon! And cant wait to hear the sex :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Brooke! I love reading your blog! I totally know what you mean about the baby's first move. I know this is silly, but Annie totally moved during Obama's first big, televised campaign speech. She obviously loves him! :) It was just so neat! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Just wait until you see that sweet face! You will be such a great mom! I can't wait to read all about it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's going to be a girl and she's going to melt freeland's heart!! I just think you're going to have a little daddy's girl and she's going to be so cute!!! But either way he/she will be so beautiful!!! ps-- I dunno if you ever texted me a pix but my phone doesn't get pic texts ( I don't have the iphone) and in fact I think my phone died today. anyway, if you do send a pic send it to Z :) love you guys!!! and you too applejack!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw; such a good update. I love reading your updates bc it gives me something to look forward too since you're ahead of me! I hope the sickness has passed (if not; dont tell me).

    ReplyDelete