Wednesday, September 2, 2009

picnics on the beach

So seeing as its now pretty much fall - its only appropriate that I begin to tell you about what we did with the rest of our summer.

First off, in June, we had a bittersweet picnic out at the peninsula with all our girls group (and the hubby's). It was bittersweet because I loved getting to hang out with everyone.. and the weather was PERFECT! But I did NOT love having to say goodbye to a few girls who were moving because of rotations/residency. There were tears.

I love our girls group. LOVE IT.

I love that there are girls going through the same thing as me and can relate to the ups & downs of this time in our life. I also love that all our husbands get along are friends too.

I honestly cant imagine life without them. (cheesy - yes. but its true) I think this transition would have been much harder with out all of them.

So here are some pictures from our get together. I loved looking back at them. (although it made me really miss a few of the girls) It was hard to just pick a few. But here they are. They pretty much speak for themselves.

Girls Group Picnic

Girls Group Picnic

Girls Group Picnic
isnt she the cutest thing you have ever seen?

Girls Group Picnic
all the boys hanging out

Girls Group Picnic
the other 2 boys hanging out

Girls Group Picnic
Back (left to right) - Becky, Camille, Elizabeth, Bethany, Me, & Sarah
Front (left to right) - Lauren, Sarah, Aubrey, & Christie

Girls Group Picnic

Girls Group Picnic

Girls Group Picnic

Girls Group Picnic

Girls Group Picnic

A few of us stayed around after and hung out. Of course the boys made up games to keep themselves busy:

Girls Group Picnic

Girls Group Picnic

Girls Group Picnic

then we decided to sit and watch the sunset

Girls Group Picnic

which btw - this is the first time I have ever seen the sun disappear like that before. I loved it

Girls Group Picnic

Thankfully, I did get to go to Cleveland this weekend for a baby shower in honor of Lacey & Elizabeth.. which also allowed us to see Lauren too! It was great getting to see them & celebrate all together again.

Now Sarah & Addy just need to come visit so we can do it all again!

2 comments:

  1. I wish we could come visit you too!!! Maybe this Spring I can get us a plane ticket! : ) Those pictures made me so sad I had to leave you guys...never thought I would miss Erie so much!

    ReplyDelete