Monday, August 3, 2009

Student Dr. Ackley (the second time around)

Well, its official. Summer is over.

Freeland left for his first day of his 2nd year of Med School today. You could also say his first day of his last year of class!!! Whichever you fancy is fine.

I think they call him an MS-II now. Sooo official.

Freelands first day of year 2
And of course we had to take our annual picture of Student Dr. Ackley.

Starting school again (read: ending summer) just means we are that much closer to him finishing. So thats good! This time next year he will be in the middle of rotations! crazy.

Freelands first day of year 2
freeland's routine in the morning includes pouring fresh coffee as he walks out the door. Every day. without fail. like clockwork. So I felt it should be documented.

I feel like we made the best of this summer. (and dont worry I plan on going all the way back through it here on the blog since I pretty much didnt post anything the entire summer. Yippee! Im back!)

To say we had an incredible summer is a huge understatement. Just thinking about all the things we were able to do and experience together in these few short months makes me tear up. I think we needed this break more than we both realized.

Freelands first day of year 2
Freelands "sad" face

And although it stinks that we have to get back into the grind of things & cant enjoy just doing whatever we want again.. and I have to share my husband with school once more.. I suppose it will be nice to be back on a schedule again. (There are just a few gazillion things I have been putting off & the stack on my desk is about to fall over its so high.)

Freelands first day of year 2
Freelands "please stop following me with a camera" face

So here's to another year of school being done & life being organized again.

PS: If you left me a comment about taking pictures do you mind emailing me or leaving your email in the comments below? It showed up as 'anonymous' so Im not sure how to get in touch with you to answer your question! But I would love to get in touch with you! Thanks so much! Brooke :)

9 comments:

  1. Im glad your going to be back to blogging. I have missed you girl. Hope your doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. he is SO cute and he does look like a Dr for some reason! Best of luck to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke- I know I mentioned a while back asking about the camera you use, and maybe a post (or twelve) dedicated to photography. Your pictures are SO lifelike, I always love them.

    I don't think I'm anonymous that you are talking about..as they may have wanted you to take pictures FOR them, but I would love to get your feedback on photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard the parentals visit was great. Would like a post about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe a year has gone by all the time. I feel like I just read your entry about him going off for is first year.

    Dr. Ackley has a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea for the 2nd year of med school! good luck freeland!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for back to school right?! Glad you guys had a wonderful summer! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the anonymous person interested in you taking pictures of my family. At your convenience, you can email me at
    jmm1134@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the words of Billy Madison "back to school back to school" Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete