Friday, July 10, 2009

Celebrating America's Birthday

This year celebrating the 4th of July went a lot like this:

Christie & Bill invited everyone over to their new home downstairs from their previous one. (which was nice considering they moved in like the day before! -and its beautiful BTW-)

It was by far the most perfect location to see the big BOOM!

We spent the rest of the night just hanging out. It was a true all American celebration. Down to the very last smore!

And even though it was a huge bummer being without Freeland on my favorite holiday - I was thankful to have such great friends to hang out with!

Here are some pictures:

Happy Birthday America (2009)
of course there was lots of food

Happy Birthday America (2009)
and lots of games

Happy Birthday America (2009)

and lots of hanging out

Happy Birthday America (2009)

PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE WEARING JACKETS ON THE 4TH OF JULY!

Happy Birthday America (2009)

Happy Birthday America (2009)

oh and I told your their view of the bay (and BOOM over the Bay) is not just good.. but really flippin amazing right? Case in point:

Happy Birthday America (2009)

everyone else was crowded on the street.. we had the entire yard to ourselves and nothing in our way of the fireworks! Ive never been that lucky before! I felt like VIP or something. (Apparently little things make me feel important I guess.)

After this year I have officially decided Im never spending the 4th of July without kids around again. They make it so much more fun.

Happy Birthday America (2009)

Happy Birthday America (2009)

Happy Birthday America (2009)

precious huh? They werent the only ones playing with the sparklers and fireworks:

Happy Birthday America (2009)

Happy Birthday America (2009)

and then of course the fireworks!

Happy Birthday America (2009)

Happy Birthday America (2009)

Happy Birthday America (2009)


and then of course my camera died.

But after the fireworks we lit up the fire and roasted some mellows to make smores.

It was the perfect evening. Minus the hubs not being there.. thankfully I wasnt the only solo one. Camille & Henry were also out of town (first time since Henry was born) so Adam also came solo. (he is in rotations so he couldn't go with her)

I want to do it all over again. I told Freeland if he feels like he missed out Im okay with pretending its the 4th of July again tomorrow and doing the same exact things with him. We'll see .. cause you know what he gets in tonight!!!

even better - as I type this his feet are back on U.S. soil!!! (in NYC) How appropriate!

8 comments:

  1. Your fireworks shots are awesome! Looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I missed out on all of the fun. Looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't believe you were in jackets on the 4th!!!!! it is been over 100 degrees here in TX....be glad you aren't here right now! :) it's toooo hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sunset!! Gorgeous. Crazy that you guys have coats on and here we are sitting in the Texas sauna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brooke! I stumbled on your blog from Abby Lea's blog. I love your 4th of July photos. It's my favorite holiday too! Family, fun, food, the lake...it's just fantastic!

    I wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your stories and photos from Uganda. What a fantastic opportunity. I always find it so amazing when the Lord allows us opportunities to see Him and to help others...when really I think WE are the ones often changed the most. I'm so glad you had such an amazing time, I look forward to more photos and stories, and I'm SO glad you and Freeland will be reunited tonight!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming! You took wonderful pictures! We had such a good time. So glad you have your hubby home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke, you take incredible pictures! And I love your blog. Y'all have such fun lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your camera takes amazing pictures! I know it's not just the camera though :-)

    ReplyDelete