Friday, June 5, 2009

pictures, cherry blossoms, and rain

So while we all continue to wait for our internet to be set up I am going to work with what I already have. Our computer is still sitting in a box so I cant upload our pictures from vacation. Not to worry though our internet is supposed to be set up today. (meaning I wont have to live/work out of coffee shops & panera anymore) and I can hopefully get organized.

Anywho, a while ago our dear friend Christy introduced us to her friend Rachel. She is a local photographer here in Erie & I've been following her blog ever since. And a few weeks ago she wrote that she needed a Couple to take pictures of. Freeland & I happened to be free so we offered to run and meet her. I was so excited because I am always eager to watch/learn/etc. how photographers do what they do. And this gave me the chance to see. And I knew it would be fun getting to hang out too! So we ran out (in the rain) and met Rachel & some of her friends to take some pictures. Here are a few that they took so you can all see. I love them! Make sure to check out all of their websites! (I posted links to all of them) They are all very talented & we had lots of fun!

These first pictures below were all by Rachel (puremotif photography):

3576943316_2e215851a8_o

3576944714_71b8a841f6_o

3576140549_677dac0f56_o

3576944386_eb6704410d_o

3576942848_87610e81b2_o

To see more of her pictures from that day click here and here! She's wonderful & Im so glad Christy introduced us!

2 of Rachel's friends were also out there. And I loved getting to meet them too! They are also super talented. Here are some of the pictures they took:

These were taken by Amanda Kifer

amanda

amanda1

You can see more of hers on facebook here

And these pictures were taken by Heather Neckers.

heather1

heather2

heather5

To see more of her pictures click on her blog here

And did I mention it was raining! Seriously! They took all those while it was raining! That takes talent my friends! Heather, Amanda, & Rachel .. thank you so much for letting us be your little subject for the day! We had a blast. I think youre all SUPER talented and I'm glad I was able to meet all of you & watch you work your magic!

PS - I died my hair while I was in California so its no longer dark brown! AND Freeland shaved his head.. so we no longer look this way anymore. :)

8 comments:

  1. These pictures are great! It must have been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so great! 3-5 are my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Y'all are both very photogenic! Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both are incredibly photogenic! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, i know you don't know me, but i'm friends with scott and kate and love reading your blog and hearing about you northern adventures! thank you for sharing.

    p.s. i think we could be friends

    tiff

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great post. thanks so much for promoting us girl! And we are glad you liked the pictures, you truly were amazing models. Again, just let me know if there are any you want in high res to print or if you want any prints :)

    BUT THIS IS CRAZY - BRIAN SHAVED HIS HEAD THIS WEEKEND TOO!!!

    and i'm getting mine cut on wednesday. woah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for being awesome subjects and for the shout out! You guys are a fun couple, thanks for being willing to get wet for some great shots :)

    ReplyDelete