Monday, May 18, 2009

WE MADE IT

New Picture
photo credit: here

We have big news for everybody. And no Im not pregnant.. I dont think. Just Kidding! Im not. Sorry Im sure that gets old.

Okay, Im so excited to share the news (and Im still in shock myself) that in a little over a month we were able to reach our goal.. And now we are officially going to Africa! Praise God.

I was in tears the moment we received the final amount. (and pretty much every time we received anything!) Freeland had just put everything together and calculated exactly what we still needed that morning and that very day we received the exact amount (to the dollar) that we needed.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I remember thinking we would never get enough & hoping that we would at least just get what we needed for Freeland to go. But that just shows how little I trusted God to take care of it. Because before we knew it people all around us were more than eager to help.

This experience (raising support) has been truly incredible & humbling. Even though it hasnt been easy to receive such a huge blessing from people & Im not one to enjoy being on this end. Im really thankful to have been on this side of it for just this once. Its worth it to learn how much every little bit really means, to see God provide, to see people who have never even met us & dont know us be so eager to give, to learn how to trust & believe for big things, to understand sacrificing, and to see God work.

We feel so overwhelmed and blessed from our friends, families, and all of you. Thank you SO much for all your prayers, support, and encouraging words. I wish I could write everyone of you a thank you note! (if you send me your address I will!) Im sure I will never know or understand the sacrifices people made to help us and the time people spent in prayer for us. But Im thankful for the glimpse we do understand & know.

So - as of today we officially leave for Africa in 22 days! Unreal.

PS - as of now my passport is staying how it is & we're trusting it will all work out. (since the organization told us it would) Thanks for all your advice!

PPS - Freeland also officially finishes his first year of Med School in just 3 days!

7 comments:

  1. A lesson in "Trust"! We often seriously under-estimate God and His provision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! glad everything is working out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome Brooke! I'm so happy for you guys. What a neat experience this will be! Yayy! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke, this is so encouraging for me right now! I'm actually saving for a trip to Africa at the end of June, and not only has it been humbling (like you said), but it's causing me to trust God like never before. I'm looking at the finances wondering where in the world the money will come from - Hello??! God is so in control! Thank you for your post. It spoke to my spirit about believing God for Big Things!!! ~ Shanen Weaver

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke, this is so encouraging for me right now! I'm actually saving for a trip to Africa at the end of June, and not only has it been humbling (like you said), but it's causing me to trust God like never before. I'm looking at the finances wondering where in the world the money will come from - Hello??! God is so in control! Thank you for your post. It spoke to my spirit about believing God for Big Things!!! ~ Shanen Weaver

    ReplyDelete
  6. because of you, I'm updating my passport. i don't even have fabulous travel plans like you at the moment, but thanks for the awareness, friend. i'm so excited for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete