Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our current casa

as promised .. here are some pictures of our current house - a year later. Lets pretend its a tour for those friends & family who havent been able to come up & visit yet.

We've very much enjoyed living here. Of course there are a 1000 things I would change.. or set up different.. or blah blah blah.. but we're on a budget and Im happy with the way it currently is so there you go. Like I have said I am excited to move but honestly I will miss this house. Specifically the tree's behind it, the pantry, and our spice cabinet, I love that its so easy & quick to clean, oh and the 2 bathrooms. (and lots more) Strange that we have only lived here a year but I feel like there are already so many memories here!

and as always - I preface it with this - our house was clean when I took these .. but not cllleeaaannn... so this is just me being real with you. Dont get me wrong - it gets LOTS messier than this.. but its also cleaner than this (at times). I just went ahead and took the pictures because I knew if I didnt - it would never happen. But if you were to actually come visit - I would clean it.

since you have seen the front of our house before .. lets start in the back. if you were to pull in the back you would walk into this..

our townhouse

our garage. (Freeland was about to grill out)

its well - storage for the time being. if you could only see the hidden boxes packed from floor to ceiling .. and the furniture that is shoved in all the corners since we dont have room upstairs!

our townhouse

This is our "basement" which is the size of a closet (because we opted for the garage instead of large basement) but this is where the laundry is washed, pups are fed, and all the appliances that dont fit in our kitchen are stored. (its also the place where piles grow of random stuff) To be honest I never really come down here. I go in & out - but this is my least favorite place in the house. I think I tell Freeland at least 3 times a week - "I hate it down there" dont know why - but I do. guilty.

Its also where the dogs beds are. But dont be confused by that - they dont sleep down here. They sleep upstairs with us. (not in the bed) but this is where they chillax while they are waiting to go outside.

Thats enough explination about the darn basement. Moving along.. lets go upstairs:

our townhouse

walking walking walking... turn..

our townhouse

and boom! We're in the living room. This room is for l-i-v-i-n in.

and thats about all there is to the 2nd floor. yep - its that tiny.

our townhouse

Oh wait - there is also a kitchen. Which I enjoy.

our townhouse

Lots of light. Big window/sliding door. all that junk isnt always on the counter tops. I just hadnt put it all away yet.

our townhouse

our townhouse

And it has a pantry which is something we will not have in our new house .. and its something I will miss dearly. (im also going to miss our turning cabinet door thingy that holds all our spices.. moment of silence)

our townhouse

please dont let me fool you. this is organized because my family got us these containers for Christmas. But if you remember - I have been wanting them for some time now!

oh and before I forget - this is our guest bathroom downstairs:

our townhouse

I do my make up down here for some reason. Back to the living room..

our townhouse

and to answer your question - no, we never get curtains for our windows. I always put it off and then before you know it - we're moving again!

if you were to walk in our front door you would see this view:

our townhouse

so you get it? You come in the garage you have to go upstairs. the front door - you're in the living room. Capeesh?

and if you go through here & up the stairs you can see where the magic happens.

our townhouse

Magic being - where we work and study all day long.

our townhouse

This is the umm office. Its the room I dread going into all day. Its the room that if we have guests over I dread showing them. But thats not because its the office and where I spend way too many hours every day - its because its SO darn uuuugggglllllyyyyyyy. Well its not "ugly" its just not really a room that makes me feel creative or that I feel like looks like "us" get what I mean?

our townhouse

My work gave me those desks. We had every intention of painting them. But umm they are really heavy folks - so once they were moved up here there was no moving them to paint them!

our townhouse

But, as you all know - were moving. So you know what that means? These desk can finally be painted!! Which also means the office wont be so ugly any more - which also means I wont hate our office anymore.

I cant wait. It will be so nice to walk into a room and enjoy it again.

Enough with the office. Back to the "hallway"

our townhouse

This is our bathroom. Its umm a bathroom so not to much to it.

our townhouse
that sign says "my heart is full" I love it very much.

And this is our bedroom.

our townhouse

That bed spread was only $20. So that also makes my heart happy. And I wanted to share that with yall. We switch it out now with the other one yall have seen in the rest of our pictures before. Ignore that every time I show you our bed there is laundry on it! (it will probably be that way if you ever come over too!)

our townhouse

and thats it .. this is how you leave our bedroom:

our townhouse

Oh shoot - I forgot to show you the inside of our fridge and our cars like they do on cribs! next time.

thanks for touring the Ackley casa.

Now its time to start packing..

13 comments:

  1. Dang..those dogs are HUGE.
    Nice place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminds me to ask you if you need boxes for moving - because I can get you some from work if you need them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your PANTRY is so organized! Sheesh! Puts me to serious shame!
    Love the chalkboard! Love love the chalkboard! Just needed to double say that... now.. when can we get freeland to do a 101 course on how to make one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get your couch and love seat? I feel like such a crazy person always asking you questions when you don't even know me! :) I love them though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Find the best online Living Room Furniture India from theurbandecor.com.It has more designs to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your comfy home, so lovely!!

    I adore your chalk board also.
    {with a little one on the way we need that!}

    I adore your precious 'zoo'.

    (Can you please pass on your camera type/ brand info? & thanks so much for the sweet comment on baby's name. Yes, I can't wait to blog on your Tag along blog. Although I have to do some pondering on a really awesome entry. Wouldn't want to let you all down ..)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I have lived in my place 2 years and it's not as "home" as yours is! I love the white cabinet/console in the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. brooke - i have container envy after seeing your pantry. i just invested in some snap-and-lock stackable containers and LOVE them. i think i could have 50 of them and still find things to fill 'em up with.
    love your townhouse. your place is so cute. can't wait to see your new house all decorated and brooke-styled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yall are so sweet! In response to your comments:

    I think (for the time being) we are okay on boxes .. but seriously - sweetest thought ever! I will keep you posted :) You are so kind to offer to help!

    Turns out I have pictures from when we made the chalkboard - so I can post a "how to"! It was SUPER easy & quick to make!

    Robin - we got our couches from Sofa Mart! I am so glad we picked the ones we did. They are perfect for "first time couches" does that make sense? Hopefully! But we've been happy with Sofa Mart and the current couches we have.

    Our camera is a Canon EOS. I recommend Canon - but its all I have ever used when it comes to bigger cameras. We also have a Sony Cybershot that I love too. And I edit some of the photos as well with Photoshop.

    Emmy - the cabinet (which we use told hold wine, dishes, etc.) is actually a dresser from Ikea. I LOVE IT and it was a great price for how large it is and the quality.

    Emily - I agree - I could have 50 more and still fill them up!

    Thanks for yalls sweet comments! Hope I didnt miss anything. If you want to know something else - just let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I have those same glass jars (w/silver lid) from IKEA for organizing all my dry pantry foods. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will make sure and bookmark this page, I will come back to follow you more.

    ReplyDelete