Wednesday, March 4, 2009

madeyln's 6th birthday

madelyns 6th birthday

Saturday marked the day that Madelyn officially turned 6 years old.

For those who don't know, Madelyn was Freeland's first love. Really, he seriously got her because he came to the conclusion at the age of 21 that he was never going to get married. He thought it was just going to be the path that was chosen for him. Im still not sure why at such a young age he felt that way. But the point is he thought he would be alone the rest of his life and so he decided to get a dog so he would have a best friend instead.

Little did he know just 2 years later I would show up at the door.. well side walk I guess if were being specific. And now we all get to be BFF's.

When he went to pick out which dog he would "grow old with" he said he picked Madelyn because she was the most playful and independent puppy out of the group. She was really social, got along with everyone really well, and was happy no matter who she was with.

Well, while she is still very playful, social, and wonderful.. independent is the last word we would ever use to describe her.

Madelyn is 100% codependent in love with her dad. {Dont get me wrong.. Madelyn loves me and were very close too! after all she did live with me before we were married} But you cant change the fact that she will always be a daddy's girl. If Freeland is anywhere near she absolutely has to be right next to him, preferably touching him. Seriously, we have even had to talk to our vet about the extremes she will go to just to be with Freeland. All because she loves him so much.

I have never seen a dog as loyal as she is. And she is without a doubt a "daddy's girl". I think their relationship is pretty stinkin cute! And now I dont know what we would do without Madelyn in our lives.

So, as you know, we celebrate our animals birthdays around here. Mostly because we love them & dont have kids. But also because it gives us an excuse to celebrate. So here are some pictures from Madelyn's birthday party:


Normally I do a cake {that is dog friendly} but it tends to get messy so I made little mini cupcakes instead this time. I also ran out of "frosting" so I had to use peanut butter instead:

madelyns 6th birthday
the cupcakes

madelyns 6th birthday
trying to sing happy birthday to maddie

PS: this year we never celebrated Oliver's so this was his birthday too

madelyns 6th birthday
seeing if we could get her to blow out the candle

but lets just say she got a little distracted:

madelyns 6th birthday

and she still doesnt care about the candle...

madelyns 6th birthday

and then this happened:

madelyns 6th birthday

madelyns 6th birthday

madelyns 6th birthday

stinker!

they dont normally, as in they never, eat off the counters. So that was just an exception since it was her birthday. Dont worry they have been cleaned.

We tried to see if the cats would eat the cake since the dogs love it soo much.

madelyns 6th birthday

but as you can see by eddie's face he wasnt too sure what to think

madelyns 6th birthday
sam just sniffed it but wouldnt eat it either.

We tried to put the cake in the cats food bowl to see if that would help {because maybe for once they were going to act like they know not to eat food unless its in their bowls}:

madelyns 6th birthday

but this is about as close as Eddie got to it. He couldnt really figure out what he was supposed to do.

But dont worry.. Oliver was there to finish it for them:
madelyn's 6th birthday

PS: We have to have another party because this one was spur of the moment and Powers wasnt there to celebrate with us!

9 comments:

  1. TOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes look good....even to me! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly where I keep my KitchenAid mixer, by the fridge. I thought I was looking at my own kitchen. Let us know if they have digestive issues in your house, you are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, i just love your dogs, how cute.. and GIGANTIC! We celebrate our animals b-day's too.. glad we arent the only ones!
    Happy b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our dogs get birthday parties too and our oldest dog, the one my husband rescued, is totally a daddy's girl as well. When he's gone, she is anxious the whole time and when he comes he, she visibly relaxes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh...that had to be the cutest post I've seen in a long time!

    You guys are soooo sweet to celebrate your pet's birthdays!

    Seeing your animals made me want to add a puppy to our family...but then I looked at my two little ones and realized I would really lose my marbles if I had to potty train another "animal" in this house right now! LOL

    Maybe someday...I will just settle for seeing your cuties for now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun! will you email me your puppy dog cake/cupcake and frosting recipes? i want to make a cake or cupcakes for judge! i think we are going to have a party at the dog park!
    arita.lindsey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is too funny, looks like you had fun. Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete