Wednesday, February 25, 2009

i dont know if I told you before.. but it snows here

the snow

just kidding. But really.. I cant remember if I told you about (or maybe I already even showed you) the snow around our house. If I have .. just ignore this post. I know I showed you the ice around our house. But this is snow..

and really Im sure my family is the only ones that care to see this.

Its still snowing on & off. But the sun is out a lot more these days. So its especially gorgeous outside.

We are currently 4th place in all time snowiest Erie winters with 140.9" of snow as of Sunday night. (first place is 149.1")

I cant wait to see where we end up. I guess I wouldnt really know the difference between a normal winter here and one with this much snow since its our first. I will say that the amount of snow we have seen is what I always imagined it to be like up here. SO I cant imagine getting any less than this at this point.

Back to our casa. Here are some pictures of the mounds of snow that are surrounding our house.

the snow
this is taller than I am

the snow
by our mail boxes.
Thankfully the plows keep the mail box area clean. I hear that some places the mail man will stop delivering mail if the snow gets too high close to the box.

snow at our casa
just another pile of snow

but my favorite is this one:

snow at our casa
they had to dig out the stop sign
Its really cute because all around our townhouses we also have fields and some random hills that are perfectly covered in fresh white powdered snow all the time. So occasionally I see kids building huge tunnels through these piles or out making snow angels with their parents. Its one of my favorite things to see.

They also have snow ball fights. which is funny to watch too.

But I think its the most precious when I see the older couples that live by us out walking together through the snow. Thats my favorite.

8 comments:

  1. you know, i guess i moved relatively more north being in middle TN, and i always hoped for snow! Last year we got probably 2 or 3 good snows and this year, NOT A ONE!!! It has been the coldest winter i have seen here, but yet NONE of the glisteny white beautiful stuff!
    these are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke- The snow there is incredible!!!!! I have a question, which I am SURE you have answered, but I just wondered if you would share with me what kind of camera you use to take your pictures. I know photography has to do a lot with both the camera, the lens as well as the person behind the shutter. But it always looks like you could just reach out and touch whatever is in the picture you post. They are so real and life like. Do you mind telling what camera and/or lens(s) you use??? You can email email me at amy@v-rod.net or you can leave a post on my blog under my most latest post about picking your nose =) Yes...picking your nose =) Enjoy the snow!! It's 78 and sunny and breezy here today! Lunch on the patio of Chipotle it was!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always nervous the kid is going to fall through the snow and get stuck when they play on those huge mounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your so lucky! I miss the snow! I use to live in Wisconsin, with tons of snow.... now i am in AZ and it was 90 degrees today! We are dying.... throw some snowballs this way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I would never leave my house if there was that much snow outside! I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just reminds me how luck I am to live in central PA and not up north. Erie is cold. I don't know how you guys survive such weather when you are from warm TX?

    Your townhouse complex is cute!

    PS- you are most welcome for the award...it's well deserved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I love it Brooke. All that snow!!! I wish I could come play in it. Snow is one on my favorite things <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete