Wednesday, January 7, 2009

let the highlights begin

my blog has taken the backseat these last few days. I feel like Im in a whirlwind trying to get caught up and starting to realize that "getting caught up" may just never happen. So, Im going to embrace that and just keep going.

Freeland started classes again yesterday. It was bittersweet. Bitter because you never want to start school again. Sweet because it only makes him one step closer to being done. And he has the summer to look forward to. {your first year you get a summer break}

Our Christmas break together was perfect. We spent lots of time with just each other, saw more movies than we had over the last year, spent lots of time with friends, stayed up late .. and Freeland even got to sleep in and read books that didnt have "ology" in the title. It was a much needed and enjoyed break.

So.. let the highlights from our trip officially begin.

The first day we spent with my Mom & Mark. We woke up bright & early to go visit Allie & Steven at their new apartment. I was so thankful to get to go because I loved seeing what married life was like for them and I loved catching up. Even though it was somewhat short .. it was nice to finally get to be there. {and we thought Allie was going to have to have surgery Christmas Eve and we wouldn't see her on Christmas Day.. but the surgery was postponed.. and even though for her I wish it wasnt.. I was selfishly glad to get more time with them}

Then we went to my Nana & Pop's house and spent the rest of the day with them 2 love birds. It was so much fun. My Pop also treated us to lunch at PF Changs. Because somehow Freeland had never had it. So it was obvious we all had to go. I kick myself for not taking any pictures. That wasnt like me at all. I guess I was caught up in the moment and just enjoying seeing everyone to much to think about it.

After a day with family we drove over to meet Zach & Vanessa! {click her blog to see pictures} They were on their way to make the 25 hour drive to California and graciously drove OUT OF THEIR WAY so they could see us. Its been really strange not having them live down the street from us anymore and we both miss them A TON. So it was a huge blessing that they made time to visit us. Mark was also making the drive with them.. so it was so fun that we got to see him & catch up with him too!

friends
Zach, Freeland & Mark

Please note: Mark's shirt says "austin avenue gorilla's"
amazing - to say the least

boys laughing
boys giggling .. zach's face is priceless

z & free
typical. which makes me happy

me & V
me & sweet vanessa

visiting long lost friends over christmas
the whole group

It was such a short visit. But perfect. We just picked up right where we left off.. which as you know makes me happy. Funny that this time last year they were just gettin hitched! {PS HAPPY ANNIVERSARY} and we had just come to visit Adam & Cam in Erie for the first time ever.

After dinner we went to the 1st Annual Jingle Mingle. But that is a post in and of itself. So stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. Y'all crammed a lot into that visit- glad you had a great time visiting but glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all crammed a lot into that visit- glad you had a great time visiting but glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the boys pictures!! boys will always be boys huh??!!I'm sad we didn't get longer time with you guys! It was such a tease! I already looked at airfare for the summer and I'm going to keep checking the prices! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like it was a great Christmas! i'm laughing at the pic where you have on jeans a fleece and a scarf and freeland is in shorts and a t-shirt! such a vast difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke! Terry and I are so glad that we got to come over and visit with you and Freeland. We had such a great time with you, Freeland and your mom. Can't wait to see you again.

    Love you!
    Richmond

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when Dana was in his MBA program AND working full time.....I never want to see school again !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete