Monday, January 19, 2009

An intervention .. and our Christmas in Frisco

christmas in dallas
all of our stockings at my moms house.



On Saturday I went to a shower for our dear friend Lauren who is having a baby boy anytime now! It was a crazy morning .. and after a series of messing up the chicken salad I made, running late, leaving her gift at home, and then dropping my food all over the floor when I walked in.. Freeland said "dont worry I have a gift for you when you get home.. a surprise" Perfect! I love surprises.

So I walked in the door.. very excited.. and ready for my surprise. Turned the corner and to my surprise.. the "surprise" wasnt actually a gift. There was a big fat empty space staring right back at me.. where our christmas tree used to stand.

Freeland just looked at me and said "This is an intervention"

I guess he was right. Even though I was fine leaving them up.. and if they had to come down Im incredibly thankful he took every single thing down for me & put it all away himself.

So Christmas is wrapping up around here. And with that.. here are some pictures from our Christmas in Dallas with my family. We drove up for the day after we did Christmas with Freeland's family. And I was finally able to see all the rest of my family who I hadnt seen since Allie's wedding last May.

christmas in dallas

The Tree.

I should mention there were 17 of us there.

That explains the massive amount of gifts pouring out from the tree.

christmas in dallas
Freeland with my cousins .. chase & chad

christmas in dallas
all of us sitting down to eat. You cant see everyone.. but you get the idea.


christmas in dallas
and this is what Christmas looks like at my house.


christmas in dallas
opening gifts


christmas in dallas
allie & steven


christmas in dallas
Freeland & I got lots of winter clothes which were VERY needed


christmas in dallas
Bethany ... opening yet another DVD


christmas in dallas
anne opening her gifts


christmas in dallas
my nana, mom, and mark


christmas in dallas
marks girls opening gifts


christmas in dallas
my pop trying on the Robe we got him


christmas in dallas
My dad & Tracy opening a gift


christmas in dallas
My mom & mark opening their BIG gift from my grandparents.

You can see. My mom was very surprised.

It was a great day. We loved finally getting to spend time with even more of our extended family. Everyone had a great time. I ate way more than I should have. But I also laughed a lot too - and that burns calories. My brother wasnt able to make it since he was working in Colorado. But he sent a video to everyone wishing them Merry Christmas. Hopefully next year we can all be there at the same time.

After we were all done opening gifts & spending time with family at my moms we went over to my dads & stayed there that night. We also did our gift exchange with them. Sadly these are the only pictures I took. But I still love them:

christmas in dallas

christmas in dallas
Tracy opening her gift from us


christmas in dallas
checking it out


christmas in dallas

success! She loved it.

We got her cookies from Nieman Marcus because my dad gave away her other ones that she got at earlier that week at a Christmas Party.

Tracy had just gone to South Africa to visit Andrew so we got really great gifts that she picked out while she was there. I got a beautiful scarf made out of mohair.. it was made by women in South Africa and it was great. Freeland got a hat for the Olympics that are being hosted there. And of course he also got Golf Balls from my Dad! Then we all headed to bed so we could wake up super early and head back to Erie.

And there you have it. Thats the end of the Ackleys Christmas 2008. I miss it already.

But next up.. this guy: christmas in dallas

and there are more pictures from our christmas in D-Town. Click here & scroll down to the bottom.

4 comments:

  1. The pictures were awesome. I love big family Christmases together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you both had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your mom kept the snowflake up. It's such a nice tounch lolol The girls were so proud of it!! Miss you!

    Richmond

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, that one table was sooo long with so many people I though maybe you were at the Last Supper.

    ReplyDelete