Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Tiffany

tiffany's wedding
all of us at Tiffany's wedding

Happy Birthday Tiffany!!!

As I mentioned before, Tiffany and I met our freshman year at Baylor. She lived across the hall from Caroline & I. And Im so thankful that the Lord perfectly placed her right across from us! I feel blessed that I had the opportunity to not only meet Tiffany .. but to get to know her so well and call her one of my dear friends.

I said before that Loyal is something that comes to mind when I think of Tiffany and that is still so true. She is such a loyal friend, wife, and daughter! She is also incredibly sincere and such a genuine person.

For those who don't know, just months after her & her husband were married he was deployed. And not just for a little while .. but for 15 months. I can imagine that being a newlywed wife that has to be one of the hardest things to go through on so many different levels. And I can say without any hesitation that Tiffany handled this better than I could have ever pictured anyone doing it. She was so supportive of him and so loving but was also honest about how hard it was & how much she missed him at the same time. Somehow she was able to balance all of the 1000's of different emotions she was experiencing & encourage & support him at the same time. Really, she never tried to pretend that it was easy but at the same time she never came off as complaining or feeling sorry for herself. And I really am amazed by that. I dont know if any of that made since? But I know that I admire her for all she has been through the last 2 years and how well she handled everything.

And guess what?!? DEREK IS COMING HOME TODAY! ON HER BIRTHDAY!!

Can you believe that? She got the call on Tuesday.. yes just 2 days before.. saying not only that he was coming home.. but that he was bringing her the best birthday gift in the world! I so wish that we were still in Texas so I could drive down to see them reunite and celebrate him coming home with her! I imagine it will be such a beautiful moment full of lots of jumping up & down, hugging, kissing, screaming.. hugging again .. possibly passing out from all the excitement.. and Im sure they wont let go of each other for a long time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANY! Im so glad that you are getting such a great birthday gift! You deserve it friend! I love you! Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment