Friday, January 23, 2009

Freelands Birthday

As you know we recently celebrated Freeland's 27th birthday. I joked around with him all year that he was already pretty much 30. And I may have maybe at one point called him Grandpa. But that's mostly because he isnt really old at all & also because he goes to bed so early these days. Really I dont think he acts, looks, lives, etc. anything like his age.. and I mean that in a good way.

This year he was still on his Christmas break over his birthday. So it made the entire week so much more special. And then it was also white coat ceremony (pictures still to come).. and on top of that David came in town so it was one big celebration.

Not only did David come in town. He also gave Freeland a super fun gift. Which, he shouldn't have done and was incredibly nice of him. I have to say that its such a fun gift too. David had Freeland open his gift a day early so we could all enjoy it the entire time he was here. Here is Freeland opening the gift:



Freelands Birthday

I should preface that I wrapped the gifts for David.. and I just pulled out wrapping paper and bags that I had in our gift wrapping storage box. So dont worry - David didnt actually get Freeland a gift from Victoria's Secret!

Freelands Birthday
Freeland opening the gift. Looks like he loved it & was super shocked

Freelands Birthday
It was an old school Nintendo! Along with Mario Kart!

OhMyGosh .. TheMostPerfectGiftEver

I should preface. Freeland is not a nintendo/wii/gamer whatever you want to call it type of person. Ive never really seen him play or want to play with any of them. Which I honestly LOVE LOVE LOVE about him. Earlier that day before he opened his gift he even told David & I how much he would never want to own any of that stuff and that he was so thankful he didnt. AFTER David already bought him one! Too funny. We just sat there smiling while he gave his opinion on the whole thing.

But this is a whole different ball game. Its old school. So in our book .. thats amazing. And we only own 1 game. So there you have it. (PS - its not that he thinks people are wrong if they do have those game systems & love it.. its just that it would distract him too much from everything else and he already has more hobbies than he can already keep up with .. and he doesn't have the time & we dont have they money for them.. so no offense if you love those games)

Freelands Birthday
david & freeland playing Mario Kart, eating fondue, and hanging out.


I must say we caught on pretty quickly. After all, it was my favorite game back in the day on Super Nintendo.

On his birthday we woke up and had an amazing breakfast {thanks to David} served with lovely drinks.. went to white coat ceremony.. then celebrated with some nuggets from Chick-Fil-A.. and then that night Adam & Camille joined us and we went out to Aoyama for dinner.

Its a yumm-o Hibachi grill where they do this:

Freelands Birthday

Freelands Birthday

Freelands Birthday

We love it. (its also where we went last year on New Years Eve with adam & cam before we lived here)

Freelands Birthday
freeland & david at dinner

Freelands Birthday
adam & his delicious sushi

Freelands Birthday
Freeland opening his gift from Adam & Cam.


It holds all of his flies when he is fly fishing. Not only did they get him that.. Adam also tied TONS of flies for Freeland and put them in there for him so he is all ready to go. It was very thoughtful & perfect for Freeland!

Freelands Birthday
Then our waiter pulled out this guy and thats when I put the camera away.. and just enjoyed the rest of our night. It was so much fun. We all laughed a TON.

And finally .. here are some pictures of Freeland opening his gifts from me & the other cards that we got from our family. {we got them earlier in the week but I made him wait until his birthday to open all of them}

Freelands Birthday

I made it one of my goals to wrap more gifts this year like we do during christmas.. with wrapping paper & bows instead of throwing them in bags.. but Freeland told me not to waste the paper on him and just put them in bags we already had so thats why there are so many bags.

{and lauren .. thats why Freeland wrapped your gifts for your shower in paper and then also put them in a bag.. he wanted to stay true to me wanting to wrap gifts throughout the year!}

Freelands Birthday
opening the gifts

Freelands Birthday
one of them was dominoes since he loves playing .. but apparently we already own a set and I had no idea! Oops! Its okay I got him some other games too.

Freelands Birthday
Here he is opening the vests I got him. He claims he cant "pull them off". I claim different though. And it turns out I was right.. he looks amazing (amazingly HOT) in them!

Freelands Birthday
the last of all the other gifts was his big one. This toy gun. But it was because he said he wanted to get one (to hunt .. possibly). And I wasnt about to pick one out for him. So in the mean time he has this one.. and he also has my permission to get one when he decides which one he wants.

Freelands Birthday

And that is how we celebrated the 27th year of Freelands life. It was the perfect day.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Freeland from Germany! Brooke you take really good pictures have you taken classes? I love your pictures you really capture the moment! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok it wasnt until halfway through that i realized that this david fellow was not your dad... and u reminded me of how much i want to see pics of your house still!!!!! the mantle looks soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are fabulous! I love how the nintendo packaging said "Used Accessories" - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog measures up! Visit my blog for details about your award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I've loved reading about all these events of the past month! :) It looks like Freeland's bday was a huge success. LOVE the Nintendo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious that his gift is something he said that day he'd never want :):) I tagged you on my blog--check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke- I'm tagging you. Check out my blog to see the rules! Also, thanks for being the first person to post a comment on my blog! I was so excited.
    -Kori

    ReplyDelete