Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Annual Jingle Mingle

jingle mingle

all of us together for the holidays
Let the highlights continue.

So, as you know Meagan got engaged over Thanksgiving. And I had yet to see the rock on her finger. In addition I hadnt seen Rachel or Crystal since before we moved too - so they were all kind enough to put together the First Annual Jingle Mingle while we were in town. So after a day with family Freeland & I headed over to their place to celebrate.

The Jingle Mingle consisted of lots of catching up, taking pictures, laughing, and a white elephant exchange, Christmas games, and they even added wine tasting to the mix.. which made Freeland & I feel even more at home since we used to love having these in Waco.

Here are some pictures from our night with the besties:


jingle mingle
me and the soon to be bride

jingle mingle
rachel, me, and crystal in front of the tree

jingle mingle
starting the wine tasting

jingle mingle
cheers !!

Jingle Mingle
playing the awesome game the Crystal planned for us

jingle mingle
as always, rachel dominated & won the game

jingle mingle
all of us girls

jingle mingle
again

jingle mingle
opening the white elephant gifts. meg got this horse

jingle mingle
crystal got this beautiful Christmas gift

jingle mingle
and then modeled it for everyone which was AMAZING

jingle mingle
Katy got this tree.. that was made by Crystals Grandmother. Dont worry I took this bad boy home with me and it is now my most favorite advent calendar! Thank you Cryssie!

jingle mingle
one last final one of us girls..
There are SO many other pictures. I just didnt post them all. But if you want to see them click here. They are hilarious.

I haven't even gone through all the pictures from our trip to Texas. But when I started this morning I was cracking up as I went through them all. Before we left for Christmas I kept telling Freeland I wasn't sure I even wanted to go. GASP! I know. Not because I didn't want to see family & friends.. because it was so much traveling and was going to be so busy.

But just as I was going through all these pictures {and all the other ones with family too} I realized what an incredibly stupid thought that was. I already cherish the memories I have from the trip and never would have had any of these if it weren't for all the traveling and busy-ness. So if that's what it takes every year for me to get these - its worth it.

8 comments:

  1. Brookie - I LOVE the pictures and I went through the slideshow of that night from the link you posted. Those were so awesome. I felt like I relived the night all over again...so much fun! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you guys look like you like to party!!! Can I hook up with you guys? I'll show ya how to have fun. LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. U look like a totally different person....I really really really like that cut and color girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, I love it, I love it!!! (with a kick in the air, Molly Shannon style) Thanks for taking those great pics Brooke. I think I have found myself a new photographer for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just gonna be honest...I don't remember Rachel dominating the game. Although she did win, by one mere point, she did not dominate the game (also please note she lives with the person who was in charge of the game).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa!!!! Who is this anonymous poster hating on me??? I'm pretty sure I don't even remember the game, so I'm willing to forgo my "domination" status. "Anonymous," you may claim your fabric christmas tree prize...I know you've been dreaming about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember you dominating! And I write this here blog so anonymous can bite it. :) Youre sweet to offer up your winnings though. Clearly they dont know your skills at playing pretty much any game.. and that you will always dominate. Therefore, you will always be on my team! I forgot they posted that! How funny. I wonder who it was???? Weird.

    ReplyDelete