Wednesday, December 17, 2008

You are all my new bff's

I said if you helped me I would be your best friend for life - so it looks like I have lots of new best friends! Thank you so so so so so much for all your advice, opinions, help, and your INCREDIBLY sweet comments! Yall are awesome. I was honestly shocked - First at how many of you graciously offered to share what you thought. Second, that SO many of you thought I should do my hair dark! I guess people have always told me {to my face} that they like it better blonde .. so I assumed you would all do the same.

So last night while we were in bed Freeland asked if I decided what I was going to do. I said I didn't know yet. And then he lovingly told me "you are a brat if you asked for their help and then don't take it." WHAT? I think that was his way of flirting with me. But I suppose its true. Who am I to ask for your help and then not take it? {PS - he was only joking when he called me a brat in the chance you didnt get that}

50% of you said I should cut my hair. 64% said I should color it brown. How sad if you all went through the trouble of voting and i just left it the same?? But those are drastic changes you were all advising me to take. So I was a little nervous. Especially since the hair dresser I love is in Waco & umm well Im not nearly as "bronze" as I used to be back in college.. so brown is a little hard when your skin is lighter than the color of white rice.



So

without

further

ado

Here

is

what

I

did

to

my

hair

.


.


.


.



new hair cut
BOO!



new hair cut
heeeeyyyy fat wad of gum in my mouth.


I feel like I have a wig on.


Im not really used to it yet. And I go back & forth. Its shorter than the pictures show since my collar is pulled up on my sweater. I cant put it in a pony tail. Which, you all reminded me of and I still didnt think about that when she was chopping away. We'll see how it goes. Im also not sure that I will ever be able to style it like she did in the salon. But it works for now. I think its fun to have a change. Freeland loves it. {Im pretty sure he kissed me a few extra times today just to show me.} I will probably do blonde again over the summer. But for the time being - I will enjoy saving my money. And Im LOVING not having to brush through all the tangles! Can I get an amen!

Thank you again so much for your help. I felt like a complete nerd asking on my blog. But Im not sure I would have done it if you didnt all vote & comment. Now, back to packing for our trip to TEXAS.....

28 comments:

  1. I think that looks amazing! I really like the shade you went with too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love it! I wish I could pull off something like that.... and hey, I deal with that white rice color and dark hair all the time, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are beautiful either way!!! The new look is cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMYGOSH....your hair is adorable!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so jealous! i wish i could do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have great hair. It looks so good, but you are definately one of those people that can pull off brown or blonde. Glad you decided to change it up a bit. Its always fun to change your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I love it! The color is amazing and looks really good with your skin tone. Wow you really are lucky you can wear any color, you look very pretty! New year new you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it! Very cute. I always do the same and change it back to blond in the spring/summer. I am sure you will have enough for a ponytail sooner than you think. Sending the best to you and Freeland, such a cute and nice couple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't vote, but that's what I was going to vote for. It looks way cute, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. girl, you can do anything and it looks good. The great thing about hair is; its just hair! You can always go blonde again later in the future if you wanted to change it again! It DOES look great on you. Have fun with your new "do"! ps. I must have checked your blog a zillion times waiting for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I do the same thing with mine...brown in the winter, blonde highlights in the summer and it always is a shock when I change. But, you'll get used to it and learn to love it just as much as the rest of us do!

    Happy packing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. brooke, it's way beyond my imagination- i LOVE it! you can definitely pull off that look, way to be BRAVE and ADVENTUROUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love love love love love it!!!!!!!! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE IT!! you look FABULOUS! and i loved freeland's brat comment. that is SO something scott would say. hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh I love it! I wish I had the guts to do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, i LOVE it. Seriously, B- this hair is AMAZING! Best I've ever seen you look and that's saying a lot b/c you always look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a change! It looks great! Such a cute do for the winter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it Brooke!! You are beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks amazing. Im glad you took our advice!

    ReplyDelete