Sunday, December 28, 2008

whirlwind trip

and were back. that was the longest week of my life.. in a good way

highlights include (but are not limited to)

seeing family being in Texas whataburger sonic PF Changs Chipotle going to Waco golfing dress shopping with Meagan eating our neighbors AMAZING food wearing flip flops & shorts seeing our old house wine with lovely friends Christmas Pajamas being able to buy wine WHILE we were at the grocery store breakfast burritos seeing extended family Camille's sidewalk cafe waking up EARLY and opening Christmas gifts learning how to play 42 Lonestar Beer Chilli's common grounds Baylor Dallas Radio Stations Flying into Love Field & not DFW Having the week off and
getting 7 whole days with my husband while he never had to study


.. and thats just to name a few. I would like to point out that somehow we never had Mexican food. Im not sure how that happened. It was a great trip though. I cant believe we both hadnt been home for 7 months. And I have never traveled like that before over Christmas... but it was worth it since we got to see all of our family.

I wish we could have stayed longer and had more time. There are so many people we werent able to see and it breaks my heart. But hopefully I will get to go back soon for work and see everyone then.

Our flight back was the "perfect" holiday traveling adventure. And by perfect I mean that it was just like you see it in the movies. Flights delayed, stuck on the runway for hours, hungry, crying babies, people almost getting kicked off the plane because they yelled at the flight attendant.. and one part reminded me of the scene in Home Alone where they are running through the airport trying to catch their flight. I have definitely never done that before. It was priceless.. and something I will never forget.

Its good to be home though. And Im pretty sure our little Zoo was just as excited for us to be home too. They haven't left our side the last 2 days. Not to worry though - they were VERY well taken care of while we were gone. Camille & Adam watched them the first few days. Then we had the sweetest woman {from Peace of Mind pet sitting} watch them the rest of the time. And Im pretty sure they got more attention & love than when were home with them. It was amazing. I highly recommend her if you ever need someone to watch your animals. She even got them Christmas gifts!

So were all unpacked, settled, and trying to savor as much time as we can before Freeland starts school again. I hope you all had an incredible Christmas as well.

5 comments:

  1. Glad your trip was wonderful! Enjoy the rest of your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chipotle is kinda like mexican food. (We had some in Cleveland when we landed...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you guys didn't have Mexican food...that is always the first place we go after we land!! I want to learn to play 42. My grandmother used to play and it sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to see you guys!! I'm glad I was able to spend so much time with y'all. We will have to come to Erie next year. Love you much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad y'all had a great Christmas! Happy New Year too!!

    ReplyDelete