Friday, December 19, 2008

Thank you for the festive sweater ..

Name that movie! Anyone??? Family isnt allowed. I know my family all knows it. And no google-ing.

Anywho's. Again, THANK YOU soo much for all your sweet comments. You're all too sweet. If I knew all of your addresses I would write each of you a thank you note right now. If you want one - just let me know your address! :)

Last Friday we went over to Elizabeth's for the 2nd annual tacky Christmas party. It was obviously our first time attending but we had a great time. It was with all the girls from our girls group and their husbands. (all student doctors) At the airport yesterday I saw lots of people dressed just like this... and I dont think they were having a Christmas party. But I love me some festive sweaters.

christmas 2008

Merry Christmas! Love, The Ackley's
Wow
Here is what we wore:

christmas 2008

christmas 2008

christmas 2008
And at the party:

christmas 2008
All the girls at the party from our girls group. Beautiful huh?

christmas 2008
jingle bell earrings. (did you know earring had 2 R's? who knew) And check out cams necklace.

christmas 2008

After lots of eating, talking, more eating, and talking - we all sat down to play games.
It was intense.
I think Im learning that Im not the biggest fan of LARGE groups playing games.
But it was still fun.


christmas 2008

christmas 2008

I love adam holding the dog in that picture.

And then the camera was put away. Like I said, this was intense.. there was no time for picture taking.

We made it to Texas. All Freeland would listen to on the way to the airport was "on the road again" and then just country after that. And so far.. in less than 24 hours.. we have already been to Chilli's, Whataburger, Sonic, and were on our way out again right now. I have a feeling we may be gaining weight over this trip. But its good to be back.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Texas!!

    I love freeland's hair in that picture...it's very Cousin Eddie {christmas vacation). Nice.

    And...I heart your new 'do. WAAAAAAAY fabulous! :)

    Welcome to the short hair club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT in the world is WRONG with Erie, PA-NO SONIC or CHILLIS. They don't know what they are missing! Enjoy your time home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that this was just a christmas party outfit, but Freeland should really consider dressing like that on a daily basis. And I might grow out my hair just so I can comb it like his.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Trapped In Paradise" One of my favorite Christmas movies. It's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't lived in Texas since 1987. Send me a whataburger quick. I do have a Sonic though - 4 blocks from my house..

    Happy Holidays. Hope you have a great time back home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah welcome to Whataburger land...and Dr Pepper at every restaurant by default :) See y'all tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete