Tuesday, December 30, 2008

my favorite ornament

We started collecting ornaments this year. I guess technically last year we started because a few were given to us as Christmas Gifts for our "1st Christmas as a married couple" So we will always have those. But this year we started picking out a few ourselves to add to our tree that are meaningful to us.

My step sister Allie also made us one this year and painted the dogs on it. Adorable.

I think the handmade ones will always be my favorite.

I cant wait until 20 years from now when our entire tree is full of ornaments that have a special meaning to us.

But this year let me show you my favorite ornament:

christmas 2008


can you see it?

Here look closer:

christmas 2008

S.T.I.N.K.E.R. # 2
learned to climb up the tree & its her new favorite place to sleep.

10 comments:

  1. My husband and I have gotten each other ornaments since our very first Christmas together. I love this tradition. It is so much fun looking for the perfect ornament that fits the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little our cats used to climb the trees... they took it down once. Our current cat just likes to shoot out from under it to antagonize the dogs. It's quite funny to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad your dogs haven't tried that. Does the cat knock ornaments off? I bet that is funny to walk by and see some little eyes peaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your furry black ornament. I have one just like it although mine likes to knock over the tree instead of sitting prettily in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! Hopefully she doesnt knock off anything fragile. Cats are famous for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. two many orniments. which one is your favorite? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. When our 2 cats were much smaller they used to do the same thing....they would go to the middle of the tree. Now they weigh like 16 lbs so it doesn't happen anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your tree is GORGEOUS! I found your blog through Karah's...very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete