Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas around our house

Here are a few of our decorations.
And by few, I mean all of them..
were still "collecting" things at this point.
christmas 2008

christmas 2008

christmas 2008

christmas 2008

christmas 2008
Were still searching for our favorite advent calendar.
So this is our favorite temporary one at the moment.

christmas 2008

christmas 2008

christmas 2008

christmas 2008

christmas 2008
and it wouldnt be Christmas without our Christmas plates:
(thank you nana)

christmas 2008

There may be 1 or 2 more things that I left out. But there you have it. We plan on collecting a few things each year since we are on a budget & dont want to buy everything all at once. Then after a few years we will have lots to bring holiday cheer to our house.
This year we added the christmas plates, thanks to my nana & pop, and the stockings for our animals.
Which PS - being in Texas made me realize how very sad I am that we dont have a Hobby Lobby in Erie. I may stock up on a few things while Im here though.

8 comments:

  1. i love these plates and it seems that everyone has them that i know. i agree with the collecting a few things every year. that is what we are doing. Maybe those plates will be in my Christmas future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a random person unofficially following your blog.

    Your pictures are amazing! What kind of camera do you have?

    And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! What a beautiful display you have on your mantle! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna - go get the plates AFTER Christmas .. or shop garage sales. My entire family has them & Im pretty sure they just slowly collected them every year during after christmas sales. My nana bought us the entire set from a friend at a garage sale so thats why we have them. But its fun during the holidays to pull them out. :)

    C.Nicole - thanks for leaving a comment. We use a Canon EOS Camera & we also have a Sony Cybershot that we use too. (and I tweak some of the pictures when I have time also) But I recommend both of those camera's for sure.

    Happy New Years Eve - Eve

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother has those same plates and I love them!

    And I too wish we had a Hobby Lobby here. That's in my top ten stores I miss and wish were here.

    ReplyDelete