Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We Voted Today

I VOTED TODAY

We got out & voted this morning.. I was so glad we got up & went early! We just had to go across the street - so it really wasnt that bad. But it was exciting to be there.

We would have been there earlier but we had a slight freak out moment and couldnt find my registration card.. then we realized I didnt have to have it {duh} so we ran out the door. We ended up getting there at 6:40 and the line was already all the way around the corner and down the hall in the school we were at. Freeland has to be in class by 8:00 (and it takes about 20 minutes to get there) so we were praying it would go quick.

Thankfully it did. We were done by 7:30.

I heard the people running it say that come 12:00 this afternoon it would be insane. So it was reassuring that waking up at 6:00 to vote was worth it. I just hope that people are willing to wait in the lines and vote too.

What an exciting day!! We're planning to stay up as long as possible tonight to watch all the votes come in. I'll never forget watching the votes come in during the 2004 elections. Lets just hope this one doesnt go on as long. If it does - all the more exciting though.

Random fact: Did you know when I was at Baylor I registered the school for Rock the Vote and went before different departments and head honcho people to try to get Baylor to host registration events. They do it now.. and secretly I would like to think its because of me. (even though Im sure it has nothing to do with me) I was glad to see they did some pretty large things this year though.

Flashback: This time last year {during NaBloPoMo} here

4 comments: