Friday, November 14, 2008

our backyard

our backyard

My favorite thing about where we live is our backyard. Really, its just woods behind our house, but we have decided that its our backyard because nobody else really uses it.. and our dogs have also marked it ALL over the place.. so that makes it ours too right?

Freeland takes them every afternoon to play down in the yard.

And they go nutzo! You would think we had never let them out in their entire lives.

our backyard

The best part is we can take their leashes off and let them run around.

And boy do they - they run like the wind ..


our backyard

and maddie also acts like she is a hunting dog and is out there to get her job done for the day.

Note, her paw lifted in the picture above - as if she just found the trail of some wild beast she is going to hunt down.

Thats my favorite thing when she is running around and abruptly stops and lifts her paw. It happens ummm.. ever 30 seconds or so.


our backyard

Like I said before, we let them off their leashes when we are down in the yard.

They just run. back & forth.. and back & forth.. and back & forth..

chasing each other and leaves.

our backyard

There is also a creek in our yard. Oliver is scared of water - but not this creek.

Even when its ICE cold he runs and jumps and bounces through it.

You cant really see the creek because of all the leaves.. but its there.

our backyard

BTW (by the way) did you notice how many leaves there are??

Thats my other favorite thing about our yard.. its not actually our yard.. so we dont have to rake the leaves! Can I get an "amen"!!

our backyard


Lets hope they love the backyard this much when its covered in snow too. I can imagine they will.

our backyard


Oh, we also have to go down a large hill to get into the yard.. so I have to use the dogs to pull me back up without slipping and falling on my bottom.

Its pretty funny to watch so Freeland got a picture of it.

Feel free to come by if you ever want to play in our backyard.. watch the dogs chase each other.. see maddie "hunt".. or watch me slide down the hill on my bum.

Flashback: This time last year {during NaBloPoMo} here: These are a few of my favorite things

14 comments:

  1. i am also jealous! what a beautiful back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are gorgeous and I love your backyard. Your dogs are beautiful too.
    What camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, it's a bit small, I wonder how you and the dogs manage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. uh, hate to tell you this but those are horses.......NOT DOGS....does your landlord know you have horses?????????

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great back yard! I think I'd love to come and let your dogs out with you and watch Maddie "hunt".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke, you have some really beautiful pictures! What kind of camera do you use??

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful!! Isn't it great to have a place to run free?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great pictures! Your puppies look so happy to have such a fun place to run & play!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke! They look like they are having the best time there in PA. I had a great talk with your mom at church on Sat night. Miss you!
    Richmond

    ReplyDelete