Monday, November 24, 2008

my long lost twin ..

brooke
me swimming (and I think picking a wedgie)

brooke
maybe the only time in my life I was athletic

brooke
look at those awesome toys! And the cute hat

brooke
bangs.. bangs.. bangs.. and a necklace that spelled "chisum"
thank.you.very.much

brooke
I wish I still owned these pants.
Note: see that purse - pretty sure they have the same one at Old Navy right now

girls
Amber, Lacy, Sarah, and Me .. hanging out at the pool
in matching swimsuits

brooke
I also have a picture of myself kissing this bear
And I still have that rocking chair..

brooke
this was my most favorite outfit ever.

I was cute right? No idea what happened because right after this I became incredibly awkward .. thus I was no longer ever this cute again.

Well, here's the thing. One of those pictures isnt actually me. Fooled ya!

Crazy huh? Apparently I have a long lost twin that I never knew about! Amber found this picture and posted it on her blog. And you know what? I will tell you what - I actually thought it was me! I just couldnt remember what I was doing or when it was. Thats when she told me that she just saw it online.. and it really wasnt me!

By the way, my own mother also thought it was me. (even though she said no at first because she didnt remember the clothing I had on ever being mine..)

Now, these pictures aren't the best representation of how much "my twin" and I look alike. I just put up a few of the only ones I have here in Erie with me. But trust me people.. this is a spitting image of me. I think somewhere I have a picture of myself doing the same exact thing as "my twin" is doing in this picture.

Oh, were you wanting to know which one wasnt me? My bad.

twin

If anyone knows who that actually is - I would LOVE to know. How crazy. I just wonder if we still look a like .. and if she had the same awkward years that I did growing up! Thanks for sharing the picture Amber.

Flashback: This time last year {during NaBloPoMo} here: Elf Yourself .. dont worry I will be doing this again.

5 comments:

  1. In the vernacular, "Doppelgänger" has come to refer (as in German) to any double or look-alike of a person. The word is also used to describe the sensation of having glimpsed oneself in peripheral vision, in a position where there is no chance that it could have been a reflection. They are generally regarded as harbingers of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger, while seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death. In Norse mythology, a vardøger is a ghostly double who precedes a living person and is seen performing their actions in advance.

    EEEEEEEEECKS.....I have never seen my own, but I hear through the grapevine that I have on in Virginia beach sitting at a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents went to an auction in New York years ago, and thought for sure I was there. They even went up to talk to "me" until they figured out it wasn't me at all! Apparently the guy was pretty much the spitting image of me. Good thing I wasn't there, that would have been extremely Twilight Zone-ish.

    ReplyDelete