Monday, November 10, 2008

Its like living in a snow globe

As we were getting ready for bed last night Freeland looked outside and saw that it was snowing! We immediately got the dogs and went out to play. Even though at that point it was still a little wet and it wasnt sticking.. It didnt matter to us - we both just sat there amazed.

I kept thinking all I wanted to do was take as many pictures as possible or stay outside and play in it as long as I could. Then it occurred to me that I didnt need to.. Its not going anywhere!! (like were used to) We will have plenty of chances to do all that over the next few months!

As we were laying there talking and about to fall asleep Freeland said "its like we are living in a snow globe." I couldn't agree more. Thats exactly what it felt like.

our first snow in Erie

our back porch this morning with snow covering it

So this morning when we woke up and checked outside.. what do you know - it was still snowing and it had started to stick!! I got up and bundled up to take the dogs out with Freeland so they could play.. and I also wanted to try out my snow boots to see how warm they are and if I feel like Im going to slip and fall on my booty or not. (so far so good - seems like they will work just fine!)

our first snow in Erie

more snow while it was still dark this morning

The dogs loved the snow! Last time we just had a little bit on the ground but this time there were mounds that they could run through and play in. Maddie sticks her nose down in the snow trying to figure it out and Oliver just bounces around!

The cats still dont know what to think.

our first snow in Erie

Freeland driving to school in the snow for the first time

Im sure it will warm up a little bit again.. but it seems winter is definitely coming.

For now I love that it automatically feels like Christmas to us.. or like we are on vacation and dont actually live in a place that receives snow like this.

Flashback: This time last year {during NaBloPoMo} here

11 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! Enjoy the snow...it's so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While visiting The Jennings last year, I slipped on the black ice while out for a run. CAREFUL CAREFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow its so beautful! I would be so like you. Being in Africa, snow is kinda rare, except up in the mountains, so you can imagine when it does snow here, all us Africans go mad for it. Enjoy, I am very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow its so beautful! I would be so like you. Being in Africa, snow is kinda rare, except up in the mountains, so you can imagine when it does snow here, all us Africans go mad for it. Enjoy, I am very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful driving PA folks... a girl that graduated 2 years ahead of me in Titusville was killed as she hit a deer and it flew through the windshield. Whatch out for those deerskins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swapped out my all seasons with my snow tires last night, and finished up just as the first few flakes started falling. Great timing, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were so excited too! We played in it when Bill got home and the dog LOVED it! They Bill started throwing Snow balls at me pretty hard and so I went inside. Guys always have to play too hard.
    But he was like a little kid out there! I can't wait until we can all go sledding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jealous. ok so question... what can i make for christmas presents hahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew up in New Orleans which has a few flakes every 10 years or so. About 13 years ago I moved to Kansas and I still marvel at the snow when it falls. Enjoy it while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the snow pictures of Freeland driving to class the first time in the snow, and the snow falling off your back porch when it was still dark!

    Thanks for doing it, Brooke! I also loved the kid photos of you and Freeland! You are creating great memories!

    Love,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete