Tuesday, November 18, 2008

first snowfall = first snowman

We got our first big snowfall on Sunday night. It was crazy because there was also lightning and thunder!! It never occurred to me that it was possible to have snow, lightning, and thunder all at the same time. I guess it is.

We got 9 inches before we went to bed. Then yesterday when we woke up it was like a winter wonderland outside.

There was over a foot of snow.

So when Freeland got home from school .. it was obvious what we had to do:

first big snow in Erie

first big snow in Erie

Freeland stepping into the snow - that was way above his boots

first big snow in Erie
starting to make a place to build our little man

first big snow in Erie
making progress .. giving him eyes to see

first big snow in Erie

first big snow in Erie
fixing his little head (after it fell off)

first big snow in Erie
trying to fill in all the holes .. putting on the finishing touches

first big snow in Erie
It was our first snowman to build together!! It was so fun.

Although - it was harder than I remember it being. More than once while we were packing his little body together I knocked his head off! And we had to improvise since we didnt have a carrot or anything else.

And when Freeland went to go get sticks for the snowman's arm.. I all the sudden saw some mysterious snowballs flying straight for me.

So we had a quick break for a much needed snowball fight. (thats why I have snow all over me in the pictures)

Then we finished our first snowman... and ran inside for some hot tea and to cover with blankets because it was freezing. Ive never lived in snow like this - but I hear it only gets worse from here! We'll see! So far, we're loving this weather.
Flashback: This time last year {during NaBloPoMo} here: Counting Down

7 comments:

  1. I will remind you of your love for the snow in March when the azaleas are blooming here and there-WELL SNOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you not love it? I love the snowman!!

    ...and I love snow-thunder. That was my favorite when I lived in Kansas City.

    Enjoy it...it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable snowman...super cute boots!!! I just want to actually start wearing long sleeves for crying out loud!

    -Kori

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little snowman! I love building snowmen! Looks like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's so fun! i'm very jealous...

    i also didn't know about thunder and lightning during a snow storm...learn something new everyday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snowman! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the snow! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete