Thursday, October 16, 2008

picking pumpkins with my punkin

Too corny? probably.

But Freeland & I really do call each other punkin.

sometimes we even say it like "puuuuuun-kin" to make it even more uber-corny.

See, just as I was typing this he burped and said "scuse me punkin"

I dont think I realized how much we call each other that until the other night Camille said "punkin" when she was quoting us. It made me laugh realizing what we probably sound like to other people. I mean, I know everyone has nick names for each other and we arent the only weirdo's so it doesnt bother me. But its funny to actually hear someone else say it. Someday I will list off all the other nicknames we have for each other. (the appropriate ones atleast)

So, while we were out at the farm we picked out a pumpkin. Here is where we went searching:

fall pumpkins

I wanted that big one on top buuuuttt.. they said I needed to go to Home Depot for that one.

pumpkin farm

Freeland walking around and searching for the perfect one

picking pumpkins
almost found it.. until the stem broke off when he went to pick it up.

The we found her..

fall pumpkin
The Ackley 2008 Pumpkin of choice


I am so so so so looking forward to our annual pumpkin carving night! The tradition started back when we were first dating. Freeland carved a witch & I carved a headless horseman. Not sure what we will do this year because I cant find our kit but I will keep you posted. We're waiting for Freeland to get this week of test, quizzes, practicals, and the shelf exam over with - then this little one is getting carved.

9 comments:

  1. FUN! That looks like a great pumpkin for carving. Courtney and I also have an annual carving tradition... though we watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" every year while doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, fun! I also like the camping picture! It reminds me of Nie Nie. I'm totally copying Nie Nie on my posts with the highlighted words. Ah well, it's a tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, fun! I also like the camping picture! It reminds me of Nie Nie. I'm totally copying Nie Nie on my posts with the highlighted words. Ah well, it's a tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to ask Camille what Josh and I call each other. And maybe someday I'll even do it in the voice we use. It's ooooober cheesey, but hey, we're in love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do they think you will all believe those pumpkins grew on those trees and then fell on the ground? A pumpkin orchard-FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know of a not so appropriate nickname Freeland used to call you. It starts with a n and ends with an s. N*****s. I hope you know what I'm talking about. If not just call me:) Love you much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is the most perfect pumpkin ive ever seen. is erie the most perfect place on earth?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes - Erie is the most perfect place on earth - thats why you should all move here & live by us! :)

    Meagan - Dear Lord! I just remembered what you are talking about! HA I will still call you though! :)

    Nam! We do the same thing!! How fun! Darn if we lived closer we could all do it together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you still have not told us what u made for freeland....

    ReplyDelete