Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mason Farms Pumpkintown

Mason Farms


Forever ago we went to Mason Farms Pumpkintown while my mom was in town. (Yes, Im fully aware Pumpkintown should be 2 words.. but thats not how Mason Farms writes it so Im going with them.)

Mason Farms is a local farmers market with all the fresh veggies, fruit, and yummy food you could ever want. They also have a Christmas store upstairs! And they have a super fun nursery that I love walking through. So since we had been to their country market before & loved it.. we decided while my mom was here to take her so we could all experience their "pumpkintown". Thankfully, we went early on Sunday after church.. so it wasnt crowded yet. Ive driven by during the afternoon and seen it packed!

I love pumpkintown because its free & there is a lot to do. I wouldnt say its an entire afternoon activity.. but its still fun. Especially if you have kids. They have all the blow up slides & bouncy house things, pumpkins everywhere, a petting zoo, and lots of kid friendly little corn mazes & haunted house. Here are some pictures from when we went:


Mason Farms

the front of the country market

Mason Farms

pumpkins.. pumpkins.. and more pumpkins


Here are some pictures of the actual market:

Mason Farms
the inside of the market. I cant believe stores like this exist.

Mason Farms
people really shop here.. with carts & everything. I love it.

Mason Farms
more of the market

Mason Farms
fresh picked apples


Okay, enough of the market. Here are more pictures from pumpkintown:

Mason Farms

Mason Farms


Mason Farms

Below are just 2 of the many characters they have displayed all over the market for kids. All of them are made using pumpkins.. and they are everywhere. They also have Harry Potter ones!:

Mason Farms
monsters inc.

Mason Farms
elmo

We also spent forever at the petting zoo.
It made me feel like I was right back at The World Hunger Farm
lots of warm fuzzy feelings.

Mason Farms
my favorite goat.

Mason Farms
feeding all the goats.. or really just my favorite one.

Mason Farms
Freeland as a Cider Puppy

Mason Farms
more of pumpkintown

Mason Farms
the entrance to where all the kids games are


We had so much fun while we were there. I think the market is fun all the time - but when you add a fall festival/pumpkins everywhere - its pretty amazing. If you have any other recommendations for farms, festivals, markets, etc that we should go to .. let us know. We love going!

PS - we have a costume party to go to tomorrow! I cant wait.. I dont remember the last time I dressed up for a Halloween! Its also our first costume party to go to together!! .. I cant wait.

Lets just hope we can get our costumes finished before then!

Wishing and hoping and thinking and praying.. planning and dreaming.. just kidding.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know Mason Farms had an upstairs! I'm gonna have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you go to all the local fairs/festivals/markets, and your photos are always so beautiful. I also like your orange jacket -- I think I have the same one -- Forever 21? Still too warm down here for me to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool!! We haven't ever been to see Pumpkintown! I think you missed it this year, but next year y'all need to go to the Peak and Peak fall festival! They have a petting zoo and lots of vendors selling crafts, wine, honey, etc. You can also ride the ski lift and the leaves are beautiful from the lift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't mason farms great......my aunt lives right around the corner from that joint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW have I missed Mason Farms in all of my trips to Erie?????

    ReplyDelete