Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Bethany!

Bethany & her sister at her sisters wedding this year.
I stole this from her blog since I didnt have a picture (hope thats okay!?)

Happy Birthday Bethany! Bethany & her husband are also living in Erie while her husband is in med school. Josh is a second year with Adam.. so she has been here 2 years now. I had always heard about Bethany from Camille before we moved up here. I even met her last year when I came to visit & look for a place to live. So I already knew how nice she was & had heard all about what a great friend she was to Camille.

But now that I live here & know her even more through our girls group I can say all the things I already had heard are true! Bethany is a great friend. She is always wanting to know how you are doing & always wanting to serve people. She asks "real" questions - not just the "how are you" questions but the "really.. how are you.. ?" Does that make sense? She is specific and sincere. I appreciate that about her. She is also great at always making people feel welcome and going out of her way to help.

Bethany is also very brave! Every week she goes out and plays soccer with a local team here - this isnt any old soccer game though.. These people are hardcore & serious! And they are tough.. like knock you on the ground and keep running tough! I admire that she is willing to go out there and play just to spend extra time with her husband because I dont know that I could do the same! Happy Birthday Bethany! Im so glad Ive gotten the chance to know you better this year. I look forward to getting to know you even more!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Brooke! You are too sweet. I too could say many wonderful things about you and how genuine you are and what a pleasure it has been to get to know you these past couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Brooke! You are too sweet. I too could say many wonderful things about you and how genuine you are and what a pleasure it has been to get to know you these past couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for my sister! Thanks for your kind words, Brooke. You're spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a little late reading this but you did an awesome job summing up Bethany!! I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete