Wednesday, September 24, 2008

phew ...

thats how I feel after thinking about the last few days and going through pictures.

I'm really not sure where to start with the anniversary .. there is so much I could write and way too many pictures I could post so Im going to hold off until I have more time. Believe it or not I do actually work during the day! In the mean time - Im going to pretend that Freeland & I are still sitting here:

NY Central Park
sitting in Central Park reading all afternoon

and that Im not being bombarded with work! So lets just all pretend that we are still gone and just sitting reading all day long.. not working. I will say this though: The Anniversary was great. We decided ahead of time that we wanted to do these few things:

make it as low key as possible (that was before he surprised me with the NY trip) but on the actual anniversary we had already decided to stay home instead of go out to eat .. that way we could just focus on the occasion and not some fancy dinner. (not that fancy dinners are bad - we love them! but we just wanted something different this time around)

NY Central Park

Im big on lots of little fun things so we also knew we would for sure be doing things like - dance to the song we first danced to as husband & wife at the wedding, eat our cake yummy cake, and look through our slide show, pray throuhg the upcoming year, set goals, encourage each other, and be all uber-romantic.

NY Central Park

We also decided before we got married that we would always exchange the traditional anniversary gifts. I like this because then you have to think about something special & personal for each other. The first year is paper. We thought we would make it a little interesting and say that we couldnt spend more than $9.22 (wedding is on 9/22.. get it?)

NY Central Park

Well, clearly NY was more than that.. but if you take the trip out of the picture - He had some pictures printed for me and guess what the total was? Exactly $9.22! Crazy. I LOVE the pictures and have been wanting them for a long time! I was so excited to see them! Then the plane ticket was also part of my 'paper' gift. Very clever.

NY Central Park

And what did I get him for our 'paper' gift? Well, I cant tell you yet. Why? Because I havent given it to him yet! Does that shock anyone? Im working on it. I originally planned to work on it all weekend before the big day. Then he had to go and make plans for us - so no gift yet. But its good and Im so excited to finish it! Im hoping to have it done this week. I will keep you posted.

Okay. Write more later. Going to daydream about being back at central park.

NY Central Park

PS - I cant get the video to upload right (because I have to configure it & move it to the hardrive.. etc.etc.etc. so it may be a while but I wil keep trying)

Thanks again for all your sweet comments, emails, phone calls, and even gifts in the mail! A few I wont mention because they may embarrass people. And by people I mean my mom. But we are both completely overwhelmed by how thoughtful everyone is. I never thought other people could make us feel so special on our anniversary! But - yall did! Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like y'all had the perfect Anniversary Weekend! Congrats! I like that you're sticking to the traditional anniversary gifts each year. It will definitely keep things creative and special. I also wanted to tell you how much I LOVE your scarf/silk pashmina thingy! Super cute!!! Hope you're having a great week!

    -Kori

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song "Hold You In My Arms" by Ray LaMontagne is the song Josh and I danced to at our wedding...I love that song and I love Ray's music.

    Still looking forward to hearing about your weekend tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo Freeland!! What a sweet idea to take you back to the original spot where it all began. I love you both and can't wait to hear more details!!! Oh and ditto on Kori's comment, love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I really enjoy reading about how life is in Erie. You both are so valuable to me and I admire and respect your marriage and commitment to each other.

    ReplyDelete