Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy 53rd Anniversary Nana & Pop

love birds at allie & stevens wedding


Wednesday was my nana & pop's 53rd wedding anniversary! How awesome is that? High School sweet hearts! Ive told all of you before how special they are to me and how much they love each other! Its very obvious how they have made it 53 years and are still so in love.

At our wedding we did the 'anniversary dance' where everyone who is married comes out and dances as the dj goes through the number of years they have each been married. Once he gets to how long you have been married you step off the dance floor {we stay on the dance floor even though we have only been married for about an hour} and slowly people start clearing out. And what do you know?? My nana & pop were the last ones left! I dont know if they know it or not but the song we were dancing to was also the song they danced to at their wedding. {sneaky of us, huh?} It was a very sweet moment to be dancing with just them on the floor with us. It was after that moment that my pop sang to us so I really loved it.

I hope this next year is even more special for the two of you! We love yall. Congratulations you 2 love birds! Here's an old school picture I found just for your enjoyment:

the love birds with me & my brother back when we were mini. I think its in Hawaii? Im not sure

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary !
    Would love to hear what they believe is their secrets to such sustained marriage.
    Congrats to the happy couple!
    bojosmom[still married -going on thirty years and counting...]

    ReplyDelete