Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

So in case any of you are like me and hadn't heard of the phenomenon that is Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.. I thought I would share this with you.

This is an Internet mini-series. {all free on Hulu} Its a tragicomic musical about superhero's!? How does all that fit? I didnt think it was possible until I actually watched it. The 'musical' is about an aspiring super-villain Dr. Horrible {played by Neil Patrick Harris aka doogie howser} who wants to join the Evil League of Evil and win the heart of Penny, the girl of his dreams, but his nemesis, Captain Hammer, stops him at every turn in this three-part musical. What? I know! You just have to watch.

Oh did I mention that it all started during the WGA writers' strike? That makes it even better I think. The three part movie was written by writer/director Joss Whedon.

Oh and Caution... you have to go with the humor to understand it. k? When I started watching it I was a little confused. I didnt really understand.. UNTIL I kept watching. And once I actually started listening to what they were saying it was hilarious! {who would have thought?? if you listen to it - then you understand it?} There are a ton of "one liners" as they call them. Some parts are a little umm 'silly' but over all its pretty stinkin funny & creative. ps: NPH can sing. Maybe they should have used his voice in Mama Mia instead of Pierce Brosnan's? Just a thought.

Umm so lets all turn off our cell phones {texting too} and enjoy the show:

this is all 3 parts combined. If you want to watch them in parts go to hulu

No comments:

Post a Comment