Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Mark

Mark's Brother, Mark, and his Mom at Allie's Rehearsal dinner


well i have to say mark you are one of the people that is the hardest to write a happy birthday for. not because you are hard to praise or even hard to consider a good quality, but in fact its so hard to write this because just thinking about you and who you are invokes so many thoughts that i just get stuck trying to figure out where to begin.

you have loved my mom with an unconditional love that has forever changed her life, taught her more and more about His redemptive unfailing love and more than anything else you make her happy and bring so much joy to her life.

you look at your daughters with so much love and grace, that i hope freeland and i will have just one portion of that, towards our children....and on that note they have all turned out so well it is a true sign of what a great parent you have been.

finally, you have always been there for me. you have loved me from day one and even when i have been unlovable and i know despite popular belief, even not perfect, you have always supported and believed in me. thank you for loving me and loving freeland and treating us as if we were really your own kids.

i hope you have a great birthday and know that we miss yall so much.

3 comments:

  1. Brooke, that was so sweet! You're making me well up at work!

    Happy Birthday, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...Isn't he cute! I could not have said it better. Thank you for the kind words about such a sweet and Godly man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the very kind words and the affection they carry. But you do make me sound way too saintly and sureal. I think it has been your Mom that has straightened my staggered walk more than I assisted hers.

    I am looking forward to see how all the wonderful lives which I am connected with will unfold. And I know yours and Freeland's will be filled with much love, adventure, and excitement.

    Thanks for the very touching birthday "card".
    M

    ReplyDelete