Sunday, March 30, 2008

high school musical - really


Yes, this is a post about HSM. {high school musical .. for those unfamiliar with the lingo} As I was sitting down to write a little review of my new found love I saw that Camille also posted about the movie. So I thought I would just copy & paste from her blog so yall could get the play by play on how we stumbled into this mess {umm hope thats okay Cam?} Here it is:

"Last night, Adam went to bed early because he wasn't feeling well. Sad? Yes, it was a little sad. However, Brooke & I also realized that it presented the perfect opportunity. "What perfect opportunity?" Well, I'm glad you asked. The perfect opportunity to fulfill our wildest dreams and watch "High School Musical" and "High School Musical 2" back-to-back.

Now, the night didn't start out with such high aspirations. We cooked chicken tortilla soup and were hanging out, flipping channels after sending Adam up to bed. Hark! What beeth on the Disney Channel? Why, it's High School Musical 2. Oh, snicker, snicker. Giggle, giggle. It's just starting- let's watch it for a moment and scoff, shall we? Then scoffing turned into realization. We needed to see High School Musical 1 to understand the going ons of the sequel. So we loaded up Powers and drove to Blockbuster to rent the original. After a scare (the last copy was hidden behind Harry Potter but Brooke found it with her detective skills) we returned home and proceeded to stay up until 1 a.m. watching the 2 movies, making sure to make mental notes of the choreography for the next wedding that we attend.

Are we too old? Perhaps. I did teach at an elementary school with 1st grade girls who completely loved H.S.M. (That's what we insiders call it). However, I think High School Musical has lessons applicable to everyone, regardless of their season in life.

1. Be yourself.

2. Geeks and jocks can peacefully coexist and even date!

3. Everyone loves a good jazz square" - Camille

... Arent you glad I posted her write up? Its good huh? Do you feel like you were there with us?Okay so yall should know - I am eagerly waiting HSM 3 now. It comes out in October in case you are curious!

And for your entertainment here is one of the funniest and most entertaining scene's from the movie. I have to preface with this - have any of you ever watched arrested development? If so - then you will really appreciate this video! I think the choreographer got all his moves from Gob's magic acts! I think he said to Zac Efron "hey - just go run around on the golf course while you lip sing and act like Gob - all the 10 year old girls will really dig it and go crazy over how intense and serious you are." We were rolling on the ground laughing! And So with that said - enjoy:

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps this is a way to disguise the fact that HE CAN'T DANCE & has no rhythm. Or perhaps this is a thinly veiled attempt at getting all the "Cool People" to watch so that they can show disdain. You are watching and now we are all watching! Maybe he is smarter than we think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't succumbed to the HSM craze, so this was my first experience with it, but I'm a little dissapointed. Zac Efron in HSM is nothing like John Travolta in Grease. I was really hoping that they'd be similar, but maybe not??!!

    ReplyDelete