Tuesday, March 11, 2008

guess what we found?

We looked EVERYWHERE for the ring. Considering it was lost while we were working on the house at some point - It could have been anywhere! So we searched the backyard, garage, trash, bushes where we washed out all the paint, laundry, and even behind the vents because we replaced those the same day. Zach even came over one day and realized Freeland didnt have his ring on - he was so concerned that he started searching everywhere! It was very sweet. And as all lost things normally go - it was sitting right in front of us the whole time!

Well, I guess not literally in front of us - because it was in the garage - and we arent there all the time. But we searched everywhere in the garage and didnt find it. Until one afternoon Freeland goes "LOOK" and bam - there she was. Just sitting there! Beautiful.

Secretly Im sad because I was really hoping to convince Freeland that we HAVE to get ring tattoo's instead of just replacing his. But in the end - Im glad we have it back.

See, here is the garage. Its a mess. {its our temporary storage unit} How could you find anything in here? When I was going through our pictures I found this one .. and Im not gonna lie. I think this is exactly when the "incident" took place. He was cleaning out the paint sprayer thingamajig

Its like a game of I Spy or Where's Waldo? Do you see it?
There she is! Now she is back on the finger - no worries!

Side note: Freeland vows to never loose it again. {even though I really wasn't too worried about it} He was very intentional about reminding me he "never takes it off" and he "is not one of those guys that looses everything." So in his defense, Im sure this was a one time thing & really wont happen again. But it was still a fun game of hide & seek while it lasted.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh.....that is sooo funny about the ring tattooooos. I have been telling my husband that we need to get them for years. It is a running joke in our house. I think it would be rather cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, good thing you didn't cut it in half with that huge saw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I am so glad yall found it!
    Andy lost his last month too :( He can't wear it during the day when he flies so he put it in a pocket (that had a hole in it). I swear I've told him a million times to put it in the SAME PLACE when he takes it off!

    ReplyDelete