Tuesday, January 15, 2008

MacWorld 2008

Today is the day we have all been waiting for!
You Apple aficionados have been waiting for it haven't you??
The Macworld Conference & Expo (Silicon Valley's largest trade show according to Apple 2.0) opened on Monday. But the moment we have all just been dying to watch and really care about is taking place right now! Its Steve Job's annual keynote address! I think we can all agree that each year the Keynote has gotten bigger and better so I'm dying to see what he does this year. Sure, there are going to have to be years that wont be as big as others. IE: He cant top the Iphone every single time! But even if it doesn't top the Iphone - its still amazing.



Here are just a few of the "rumors" going around about what they are going to introduce this year:


  • A Skinny MacBook: an ultra-slim & portable notebook.

  • IPhone updates: refreshed iPhone and iPod Touch models with more storage capacity.

  • Movie rentals: a digital movie rental service that will operate through its online iTunes Store.

  • DRM-free Music: You can read more about that here: Thoughts on Music

  • Microsoft Office 2008: Microsoft will unveil its Office 08 for Macs (and possibly the iphone?)

  • The Beatles: And by that I mean the John Lennon Education Tour Bus is also going to be there.



For what its worth - Apparently Apple's share prices doubled in 2007 but then the stock fell nearly 30 points over the last two weeks.. which could be for a number of different reasons. CNN reported this morning that Apple stock rose $5.20 (3%) making it $177.89 this morning. I wish I had bought stock in 2006. bummer.



Make sure you tune in this afternoon to watch or go online and watch the live updates that are taking place right now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke,

    I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog all the time and wanted to add you as one of my links...would that be ok? It looks like you and Freeland are doing great and loving marriage! I met someone that works with you and she was going on and on about how cute and wonderful you are - it was so random..I live next to the lady's daughter and we were all at a Connally Junior High basketball game together. I wish I could remember the lady's name, but her daughter's name is Courtney.

    Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete