Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Juno .. you know..

If you haven't already seen it - you must. Juno is incredible. Its by Jason Reitman who also did Thank You for not Smoking. So that in itself gives you some assurance it will be good. Freeland and I have seen it twice now & laughed so hard during the entire movie... we also cried.

But for those who don't know its about a girl named Juno (Fertile Myrtle) who gets prego (also known as getting your "eggo prego") and decides to take the adoption route. I don't want to go into too many details because you just have to see it. But its one of those movies that makes you think and see things from a whole new perspective and is still light hearted & funny at the same time.

I am going to venture to say that this is the best movie of the year! Yep, thats right.. I said it people. Part of me didnt want to say it because I know everyone else will also love it so much and I want to be like "gosh everyone loves that movie - real original guys" but.. I cant deny it. Its fabulous. Its already has 4 Academy Award Nominations and another 22 wins & 21 nominations.. so Im just sayin.



Its also full of so many one liners & great quotes that we were rolling the entire time. Here were a few of our favorites:



  • "That aint no etch-a-sketch. This is one doodle that can't be un-did, homeskillet" - Rollo (aka Dwight from The Office)

  • "This is your third test today, Mama Bear. Your eggo is preggo, no doubt about it" - Rollo

  • "Did you see that coming? Yeah, but I was hoping she was expelled or into hard drugs."

  • "Dad.. either I just wet my pants.. or.. 'or what?' Or THUNDERCATS ARE GO!"

  • "Yea, if I could just have the thing & give it to you now, I totally would. But Im guessing it looks probably like a sea monkey right now and we should let it get a little cuter." "Yea lets keep it in the oven."

  • "When you move out Im getting two weimaraners" (Bren) "Whoa Dream Big!"

P.S. you have to get the soundtrack! A-mazing.


P.P.S. If you want to see what some "Reel Geezers" (thats what they call themselves - I didnt say that on my own, promise) think about the movie. Watch this - its pretty entertaining & cute at the same time:



2 comments:

  1. My son saw it over Christmas Break and said it was GRRRREAT....we of course didn't believe him.....I am hearing it from more and more people. I will see it!!

    ReplyDelete