Thursday, January 31, 2008

how can we raise awareness in darfur of how much we're doing for them?

Okay .. sorry to post 2 videos in a row. But this is so worth posting! Its brilliant on so many different levels, I dont even know where to start. If you dont think it is - thats okay, we can agree to disagree. (You can atleast enjoy that the guy from the sonic commercial is in it & that its from The Onion.)

Panelists discuss the tragic lack of media access in Darfur & how we can help Darfurians realize how much we're helping them. I especially appreciate the Chairman of Future Progress Institute, Nancy Fichandlers, input. Precious.

How Can We Raise Awareness In Darfur Of How Much We're Doing

Add to My Profile More Videos

Okay & I hate to clarify, but Im going to because I dont know who reads this blog. First its the onion - so its not real. And its not darfur that made me giggle..

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. That's amazing

    Its sick how much we do over here to "raise awareness" but in reality we aren't doing anything to truly help the Sudanese people. I was in Sudan 2 years ago for a month and it is atrocious how the refugees are forced to live. We weren't able to go to Darfur, but we taught English every day in a refugee camp and all the people want is some dignity.

    Thanks for putting the video up!

    ReplyDelete