Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas 2007 (late)

Has it really been this long since my last post? I cant believe it! Well, I can considering how much we have been gone lately. If only I had a mac book that I could take with me everywhere and blog at the same time?! (hint, hint) So.. let me take a minute to catch you up on the happenings of the Ackleys over the last 2 weeks. (post-by-post)


First, there was Christmas. We spent the first part of the weekend with Freeland's family in Conroe. (Houston) It was really nice to spend time with his family and my first time to do Christmas with Freeland! His mom always goes all out making tons of food while we are there so I ate more than I feel like I ever have in my life! It was all incredible food! We also played a ton of scrabble. Its become our little "tradition" when we go visit them. And the dogs made the trip down with us! They LOVE going to Freeland's family! They get TONS of attention. This time they got to stay for almost 2 weeks.. so Im sure they were incredibly spoiled & loved it. Here are a few pictures from our trip. It was quicker than we would have liked so hopefully next time we will get to stay longer.


Proof: I dominated the game that night! (Really it was Freeland.. he helped with everyone of my words.. but nobody else has to know that.. except all of you reading this)

This is Freelands mom's bird, Josh. He cracks me up because he will yell "Freeland" just like Free's mom does. So every once in a while you hear "Freeland" coming out of the side door in the kitchen.

Here are some pics from us opening our gifts. We gave Freeland's mom a pedometer because she has been walking for an hour everyday after work! We are really proud of her! So this way she can count all her steps/miles/calories burned etc. & we gave Carl a little collection of wine that he enjoys. We also put together some wedding pictures for Freeland's mom so she could have some framed.


Here is a preview of all the spoiling the dogs receive when they go to Houston. I wish I had more of them playing with the other dogs & lounging on the furniture. Sadly, I don't.. but I do have these: And that concludes our trip to Houston. Stay tuned for our trip to Dallas ...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas...I didn't know he was from Conroe...that's where we live right now

    ReplyDelete