Friday, December 7, 2007

Seasons Greetings from The Food Network

The Food Network and I are good friends, especially during the holidays. So I thought I would share it with everyone else. If you are looking for any recipe's or last minute ideas - tune in or go to their website. They have everything you could imagine. And the best part - its always good. I will admit, some recipes are better than others. But you really cant go wrong with any of them. During the holidays they also have the best shows! I could sit and watch it all day long if I didnt have this whole "work" thing that I had to do! They do specials on everything you could imagine from wine, holiday parties, to even gadget gift guides.

Oh and every year the do the 12 days of cookies where they post the top cookie recipes for 12 days. You can also opt to have them emailed to you. They also have 1000+ other recipes available. Here are a few tips from their host that are on their website.. since I know none of you will actually take my advice and become obsessed with The Food Network like we are :)

Rachael Ray

  • Keep it simple and only cook what you know.
  • Let people help, but stay in control of your own menu and your kitchen.
  • Get the kids involved in desserts or table decoration so they feel a part of the process.
  • Don't freak out if something turns out wrong -- have a laugh and take a picture instead.
  • Place out cards, games, and photo albums to inspire conversation and interaction while you're in the kitchen
Sandra Lee
  • Champagne cocktails are always festive. For a simply smashing concoction, mix two parts chilled champagne with one part exotic canned fruit juice, such as a strawberry-kiwi or cranberry-raspberry blend. Serve in pitchers or a punch bowl, garnished with fresh fruit. The champagne doesn’t have to be expensive to add a party atmosphere.
  • An inexpensive Merlot heated with mulling spices and served with a cinnamon stick garnish is a quick way to warm up winter evenings. Add a holiday wine charm to the top of the cinnamon stick for a seasonal flourish.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...I'm pretty sure you have underestimated at least one of your readers: me! I live for the Food Network and its festive, seasonal programming! However, I must admit my affinity for the channel is not just confined to the holidays. I pretty much watch it on a daily basis year-round. While others prefer "normal" programming, I would keep the TV locked on the Food Network if I could. Some of my favorites are Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, Dinner Impossible, Ace of Cakes, Throwdown with Bobby Flay, and the Next Iron Chef. Have you seen the Holiday Dessert Battle (Iron Chef style) with Robert Irvine, Tyler Florence, Paula Deen & Cat Cora? If not, tune in the next time they air it! I could go on and on, but this isn't my blog, so I'll spare you. Anyway, it's good to know someone else shares my obsession -- makes me feel a little more normal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! Mary Lou loves food network, too! She wants us to have a foodnetwork Christmas party.
    Put up the pictures from Caroline's wedding!

    miss you buddy-
    cj

    ReplyDelete