Thursday, February 1, 2007

Having a long engagement

"I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, a church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, he said one that would make me his wife."

I just liked that quote so I thought I would add it. And it actually reminds me of Freeland's view of the wedding.. which I love him for. Not that mine is much different.. but it is totally how he feels. Things have been running smoothly so far. I highly recommend long engagements. I know, I know.. why? It probably sounds crazy.. But really for us it has been such a blessing. Planning is actually fun instead of being stressful. We work on it as we need to and since its not a quick engagement we aren't always working on "wedding stuff" in our spare time. We feel like we are actually able to enjoy being engaged rather than rushing through the motions and stressing out about everything. I know short engagements aren't always that way for people... but if ours was short - it would be crazy. As most of my friends know.. I'm not the best at making decisions quickly! :) So for now.. thats my update.

No comments:

Post a Comment